The National Power Training Institute of Nigeria (NAPTIN) is an agency of the Federal Government of Nigeria, operating under the aegis of the Federal Ministry of Power. It was established on 23rd March 2009 and commenced full operation in September, 2009. The primary purpose for its establishment is to provide training for power sector personnel and coordinate training activities in the sector. In pursuit of this mandate, NAPTIN took over the management of the PHCN regional training centres. Through the Headquarters in Abuja and the eight Regional Training Centres around the country, NAPTIN delivers training on various power sector courses to a wide range of clients.
NAPTIN has identified the skills that will be needed by the various power companies in the power industry after privatisation. Consequently, there are needs for skilled workers at all levels and in all categories, including Generation, Transmission, Distribution, Instrumentation and Controls, Safety, Project Management, Communication Technologies, etc.
NAPTIN is seeking to provide the Industry on continuous basis with skills that they require for their effective and efficient operations. Accordingly it Is seeking to train in the 2015/2016 edition of the NAPTIN Graduate Skills Development Programme (NGSDP), fresh graduates of University and Polytechnic in Electrical/Electronic and Mechanical Engineering, who desire a career in the Power Sector.
Accordingly, persons with any of these requisite qualifications are hereby invited to apply for the one year skills development and upgrade programme. The programme will equip successful applicants with the necessary and essential skills for a potential job and exciting career in the power industry. Graduate Skills Development Programme (NGSDP 2015/2016) Eligibility & Brief Program Objectives
- NAPTIN is seeking to equip the industry with the skills that will be needed and are now looking forward to training 500 fresh graduates under the Graduate Skills Development programme.
- University and Polytechnic graduates of Electrical/Mechanical Engineering who desire a career in the power sector after privatisation are invited to apply for the one year skills development programme.
- This will equip applicants with the necessary and essential skills for the potential jobs and careers in the power industry.
- You will be joining us at the most exciting time of change in Nigeria's power industry.
- We are looking for well qualified and talented people with good technical skills, who are passionate about change and who love electricity.
- By the end of the programme you will have a general overview of the business, a detailed understanding of a specific function, and the skills and qualifications needed to take the next step in your career in the privatised Nigerian electricity industry.
Application Closing Date
- Applicants should be University/Polytechnic Engineering graduates who have completed their National Youth Service Corps programme, and will be required to show evidence of these during the admission process.
- Applicants will need to fund the cost of the programme and also their accommodation and subsistence but they may be able to find sponsorship, for example from their State, Local Government, companies, or any other sponsoring body.
25th September, 2015. Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to Complete Application Form Application Steps
NGSDP Online Application Tips:
- If you already have an account, login to the "NAPTIN TMIS" portal.
- Goto to the "Training Applications Page".
- Select the "NGSDP Training Program" and proceed with the application.
Further Enquiries please contact the: Ohue Tony-AlIens (Prog Mngr/Coordinator)
Graduate Skills Development Programme
NAPTIN Corporate Headquarters,
Plot 21, Cadastral Zone
Idu Industrial Layout,
Near Wupa Waste Treatment Plant
Abuja. Email: [email protected]
, [email protected] Telephone:
Check all latest Scholarships
Want to get a job fast?
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime