Etisalat Nigeria - In just 6 years of operations, Etisalat Nigeria has become a major industry player with a growing subscriber base of over 22 million in a highly competitive market. Its portfolio of voice and data-centric products include - easy starter, easycliq, easybusiness, and easyblaze; all tailor-made to meet the needs of its customers.
Etisalat Nigeria is one of the 19 operations of the Etisalat Group that spans Africa, the Middle East and Asia serving over 182 million subscribers; and it is committed to delivering innovative and quality services to its growing subscribers.
Etisalat Prize for Literature 2015 Application Prize Profile
The Etisalat Prize for Literature is the first ever pan-African prize celebrating first time writers of published fiction books. The Prize aims to serve as a platform for the discovery of new creative talent out of the continent and invariably promote the burgeoning publishing industry in Africa.
By recognizing and celebrating writers and other members of the literary community across Africa, Etisalat plans to bring some much needed awareness and acclaim to the art of Fiction writing while also applauding and rewarding the efforts of those who have ventured into this genre in recent times.
At the core of Etisalat's vision is promoting passion, nurturing talent and providing a platform for communicating ideas, The 'Etisalat Prize for Literature' wholly embodies this vision, bringing together celebrated high profile writers, book critics and academics from across the Continent and beyond in order to give credence and honor to 'home-grown' talent while also rewarding new entrants and encouraging further participation in this area. Prize Structure
The Etisalat Prize for Literature celebrates new writers of African citizenship whose first fiction book (over 30,000 words) was published in the last twenty four (24) months. For the purposes of this definition, first book means first printed production in book form of any type or genre. Authors and their publishers can be based anywhere in the world. An online Flash Fiction Prize will be launched later in the year driven entirely by social media - more information on this will be made available on our website.
The winner of the Etisalat Prize for Literature receives £15,000, and a high end device. In line with our vision of promoting upcoming writers, Etisalat will sponsor a book tour to three African cities. The winning writer will also embark on the Etisalat Fellowship at the University of East Anglia mentored by Professor Giles Foden (author of The Last King of Scotland) which will include significant opportunities to meet other writers, publishers and most importantly work on their second book.
The Etisalat Prize for Literature is unique in that it also aims to promote the publishing industry at large and will therefore purchase 1000 copies of all shortlisted books which will be donated to various schools, book clubs and libraries across the African continent.
Etisalat has at the core of its vision, encouraging and inspiring creativity. Having this in mind, the flash fiction category has been established in order to cater to the large amount of interest received from unpublished writers across the Continent. In order to garner some publicity for the art of flash fiction writing and the writers themselves, this category of the Prize will be open to the general public to review and ultimately select a winner.
In today’s fast paced world where communication is right at our finger tips through the use of smart devices; phones, tablets and the likes, consumers prefer to consume information on-the-go and in bite sized chunks. The Flash fiction category therefore seeks to marry both of these concepts together thus providing added value to mobile device users across Africa. Winners will receive: Winning Author
Runners Up (2)
- £1000 cash prize.
- Samsung Galaxy Note or iPad.
- Published E-book promoted online and via SMS.
Criteria for Entry
- £500 cash prize (each)
- Samsung Galaxy Note or iPad
- Submissions will only be accepted from publishing houses.
- All books entered must have a registered ISBN number or equivalent.
- Entries by new writers published within the last 24 months before submission
- Entries for fiction books will be submitted by publishers who have published a minimum of six (6) authors.
- Publisher should have been a registered business (with certificate of incorporation as a publisher) for minimum of six years
- Each publisher will be allowed to enter a maximum of three (3) books - however books maybe called in by the judges.
- Each entry will be required to be accompanied by Seven (7) copies of the book being entered along with acceptance of publicity terms.
- The Etisalat Prize for Literature is not open to employees of any organisation under Emirates Telecommunications Corporation with branded trade name Etisalat.
How to Enter
- Call to enter - 18th June, 2015.
- Entry Deadline - 27th August, 2015.
- Longlist announced - 12th November, 2015.
- Shortlist announced - 12th December, 2015.
- Grand Finale/Winner announced - 13th March, 2016.
Etisalat Prize for Literature,
- All applications for the prize competition will be accepted via post only. Click here to download Application Form
- The application form should be submitted along with seven (7) copies of the submitted books by June to the following address:
Building 2, Oriental Office Building,
3, Lekki Road,
For more information:
Contact Telephone: +234 (0) 8184754985
(Phone will be activated two weeks before call for entries)
Check all latest Scholarships