The Musical Society of Nigeria (MUSON) invites entries for our SEARCH FOR YOUNG MUSICIANS. The winners and selected finalists will feature in our Youth Concert during the 2015 MUSON FESTIVAL in October. The competition will be in 3 phases. Entries will close on Thursday, May 28, 2015. On Thursday, June 11, short-listed candidates will be informed to continue to phase 2. A live audition for the short-listed candidates will hold on Thursday, June 25, 2015 at the MUSON Centre. The 3rd phase will be the Youth Concert/Competition, part of the annual MUSON Festival, where the winners will be selected. METHOD OF APPLICATION
1. Contestants must be Nigerian citizens and should perform a classical or light classical instrumental solo or vocal solo of their choice on a CD (professional studio recording will be disqualified)
2. The CD should include in the contestant's voice, their name, address, age, contact GSM number, name of the selected piece before rendering the piece. This same information should be clearly and neatly written (preferably typewritten) on a separate paper and included in the submission envelope. The CD, the paper and a recent passport size photograph (taken within the last 6 months) of the contestant must be submitted to
MUSON School of Music,
8/9, Marina, Onikan, Lagos
, on or before Thursday, May 28, 2015.
3. Contestants should be prepared to perform the same piece on the CD and an additional piece if requested at the phase 2 audition.
4. Contestants must be between 14 and 21 years on the day of the phase 2 audition and may be asked for proof of age.
5. MUSON will provide a piano. Contestants must provide their own instruments, music and accompanists as needed.
6. Former winners and MUSON Artistes are not eligible. PRIZES
- VOCAL - Winners - N150,000
- INSTRUMENTAL - N150,000
THE DECISION OF THE JUDGES WILL BE FINAL IN ALL CASES. MUSON WILL NOT ENTERTAIN QUESTIONS, DISPUTES OR HAVE ANY DUTY TO PROVIDE EXPLANATIONS REGARDING FINALISTS OR WINNERS