The UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls, the empowerment of women, and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
More than ten years after the passage of UN Security Council resolution 1325, there is widespread concern that progress made at the normative and policy levels has not been translated into significant improvements in the lives of women and girls in conflict and post-conflict countries. Both the United Nations and the European Union have committed to closing this implementation gap. To address this, UN Women and UNICEF with funding support from the European Union, will partner in a joint programme that pilots a model for EU/UN collaboration on Women, Peace and Security matters in three states of Northern Nigeria.
The Driver provides reliable and safe driving services to the Project Management team and other high-ranking UN officials and visitors ensuring the highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, and excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues. The Driver also demonstrates a client-oriented approach, courtesy, confidentiality, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds. Upon the request of the supervisor, the Driver should also provide driving services to the operations and programme staff in the Office, consultants and experts and UN staff on mission. The Driver will provide basic administrative and clerical support to the UN Women.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Provision of reliable and secure driving services;
- Proper use of vehicle;
- Day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle;
- Administrative and clerical support.
Provision of reliable and secure driving services
- Driving office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel only but this can include visiting Officials (Government, UN, Embassy Officials, etc);
- Ensuring that all passengers wear their seat belts at all times in the vehicle;
- Enforcing the no smoking policy in the vehicle;
- Facilitating immigration and customs formalities as required;
- Escort, meet high-level official personnel at the airport and facilitate VIP missions etc;
- Collecting and deliver mail/correspondence to Government Offices/Embassies/Commercial Establishments/UN Offices etc;
- Interact with Finance and Administration staff;
- Ensuring that all vehicles comply with the Minimum Operating Security Standards (MOSS);
- Following strictly all rules and regulations in relation to the use and management of UN Women vehicles as provided by the Operations Unit;
- Ensuring that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Excellent driving skills;
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, and local roads and conditions, and defensive driving skills;
- Skill in minor vehicle repairs;
- Professional appearance and punctuality;
- Good people skills.
Required Skills and Experience
- Completion of secondary education is required;
- Preference may be given to persons having higher degree or having mix of relevant trainings and qualifications;
- Valid Driver’s license is required.
- 3 years work experience as a driver in an international organization, embassy or UN system with a safe driving record;
- Knowledge and ability to operate office equipment and computer literacy will be an added advantage;
- Knowledge of basic administrative and logistic functions will be required.
- Fluency in English is required;
- Knowledge of other local language will be an added advantage.
go to method of application »
Under the guidance and supervision of the DPM and Operations Manager, the Finance Analyst is responsible for effective delivery of financial services, transparent utilisation of financial resources and management of the Country Office (CO) Finance Unit. He/she analyses and interprets the financial rules and regulations and provides solutions to a wide spectrum of complex financial issues. The Finance Analyst promotes a collaborative, client-oriented approach consistent with UN WOMEN rules and regulations.
The Finance Analyst supervises and leads the staff of the Finance Unit. The Finance Analyst works in close collaboration with the operations programme and project teams in the CO and with UN WOMEN HQs staff and Government officials ensuring successful CO performance in Finance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implementation of operational and financial management strategies;
- Projects’ budget management and organization of the cost-recovery system;
- Control of CO accounts;
- Control of CO cash management;
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
Ensures implementation of operational and financial management strategies, and adapts processes and procedures, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of financial activities, financial recording/reporting system and audit follow up with UN/UN WOMEN rules, regulations, policies and strategies;
- implementation of the effective internal control, proper design and functioning of the financial resources management system;
- CO Finance business processes mapping and elaboration/establishment of internal Standard Operating Procedures in Finance, control of the workflows in the Finance Unit;
- Continuous analysis and monitoring of the financial situation, presentation of forecasts for development and management projects;
- Elaboration of the framework and conditions of contributions within the CO resources mobilisation efforts;
- Elaboration and implementation of cost saving and reduction strategies;
- Routinely monitors financial exception reports for unusual activities, transactions, and investigates anomalies or unusual transactions. Informs supervisors and other UN WOMEN staff at Headquarters of the results of the investigation when satisfactory answers are not obtained.
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
- Understands and applies fundamental concepts and principles of a professional discipline or technical specialty relating to the position;
- Ability to formulate and manage budgets; manage contributions and investments; manage transactions; and conduct financial analysis, reporting and cost-recovery;
- Possesses knowledge of organizational policies and procedures and applies them consistently in work tasks;
- Identifies new and better approaches to work processes and incorporates the same in his/her work;
- Analyses the requirements and synthesises proposals;
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning;
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments;
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding and knowledge of the current guidelines and tools and utilises these regularly in work assignments
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Self-development, initiative-taking;
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work;
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively;
- Creating synergies through self-control;
- Managing conflict;
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member;
- Informed and transparent decision making.
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced (Masters) University Degree in Finance/Accounting, Business, or Public Administration, or a professional accounting qualification from an internationally recognised institute of accountancy;
- Professionally qualified accountants from an internationally recognised institute of accountancy will have a distinct advantage.
- 2 years of relevant experience in providing financial management and accounting advisory services, managing staff and operational systems;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems and ERP financials, preferably PeopleSoft;
- Experience of IPSAS and/or IFRS is required for external candidates.
Method of Application
All applications must include (as an attachment) the completed UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from http://www.unwomen.org/about-us/employment;
Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment. Applications without the completed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and may not be considered for further assessment.
Qualified women candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
In July 2010, the United Nations General Assembly created UN Women, the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. The creation of UN Women came about as part of the UN reform agenda, bringing together resources and mandates for greater impact. It merges and builds on the important work of four previously distinct parts of the UN system (DAW, OSAGI, INSTRAW and UNIFEM), which focused exclusively on gender equality and women's empowerment.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click on preferred job title to apply online.