Nigerdock's fabrication yard is the standard by which excellence in the industry is measured. It has delivered on the country's most important oil & gas construction projects including Total's Usan and Akpo fields, ExxonMobil's Erha and MIPS projects, Chevron's Agbami and Escarvos Gas Projects as well as Shell's Bonga project. The company’s capability includes construction of FPSO topside process modules, offshore platforms, flares, bridges and has built several of the world's largest deepwater SPM buoys. The company is focused on becoming an FPSO topside integration centre for the industry.
Nigerdock is committed to the highest safety standards in the industry and has defined and maintained Health, Safety and Environmental Manuals, Policies and Procedures for all of its operations. The company's workforce is consistently trained in the safe working practices of their individual fields.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The prime function of this role will be to support the development of a structured, consistent and accurate cost control, reporting and estimation for a surface facilities project.
Other key Responsibilities will be to:
- Provide support to individual Project team members in establishing and maintaining up to date project cost engineering deliverables and related supporting documents including variance analysis of cost over/under runs
- Monitor expenditure monthly on a Value of Work Done (VOWD) basis for the project to produce cost forecasts (latest estimates), to provide timely notification of potential over/under-runs against approved budgets
- Produce monthly/quarterly/annual variance and trend analysis expenditure reports and explain key cost movements with respect to commitments, actuals (VOWD basis), latest estimates against plan as agreed with the Project Manager
- Produce deliverables to support PE's/PM's by establishment and maintenance of cost progress S-curves (inclusive of actuals, forecasts, and commitments) for the on-going project - prepare overall project summary reports on the same basis
- Produce cost reports and presentations suitable for management (monthly, quarterly and annually) as required, giving planned, actual and forecast costs, for on-going project.
- Ensure compliance with corporate cost engineering procedures as applied to the project.
- Capture and highlight costs resulting from the change control procedure
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of eight years' experience within an oil and gas industry facilities engineering project controls environment
- Tertiary technical qualification is essential.
- Strong communication skills in English
- PC Literate in MS Windows, Excel, MS Office
- Technical professional with in depth project fabrication engineering, ideally in jackets and topsides/construction experience and knowledge of project controls requirements.
- Good team player with a pro-active and flexible attitude, and able to work in a challenging environment, with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to communicate at professional engineer level and thus draw together the best information into a multi discipline package for the project.
- Mature person with cultural sensitivity
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply online.