Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers' expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company's 60,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes' technology centers in the world's leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals. For more information on Baker Hughes' century-long history, visit our website.
Full Time Regular - Local Hires
ABOUT THIS JOB
Baker Hughes has an opportunity for an LWD Field Specialist to join our team in Nigeria.
- Under minimal supervision, provide direct instruction and support for operations and to junior Field Engineers on day-to-day wellsite work and activities
- Provide advice and direction to external customers and third-party wellsite colleagues as appropriate
- Provide resolution to a diverse scope and range of problems at the wellsite where analysis of data requires having a knowledge and understanding of the LWD product line's tool(s) and/or service(s)
- Work is evaluated upon completion by a Field Supervisor (where appropriate), local Operations Management and the external Customer to ensure objectives have been met
- Maintain frequent intra-organizational and external customer contacts with a high degree of professionalism
- Conduct all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Baker Hughes Core Values
- Successfully complete additional advanced technical training and assigned well site development programs
- Two year Technical Degree preferred
- Field industry experience for LWD services
- Flexible & adaptive working approach
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience
- Must be computer literate
- Good communication skills
Ability to work in challenging drilling and logging environments and to provide complex solutions to the Customer
Strong communication and inter-personal skills; excellent customer awareness
Ability to relate to well site personnel at all levels
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.