If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Fas Agro IND. CO. LTD is an industrial firm based in Kano, Nigeria, specializing in the production of woven polypropylene packaging. Over the last 20 years, Fas Agro’s investment in people and machinery has seen the company grow to become a major provider of flexible woven polypropylene packaging in Nigeria. The company's commitment to research, development, staff welfare, quality control, and strategic marketing, guarantees that Fas Agro bags will always be a step ahead of its competition.
FASAGRO Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position of:
The company is a leading producer of woven polypropylene packaging. It seeks a production manager with a minimum of 5 years’ experience. The role will be based in Kano, Nigeria, where the company has been active for over 25 years.
The production manager will be responsible for the technical management, supervision and control of the industrial production processes. The production manager will be involved in the pre-production (planning) stage as well as the production (control and supervision) stage. A large part of the job will involve dealing with people. It may involve product design and purchasing, and aspects of other functions, such as marketing, sales and finance.
Key tasks will involve, but will not be limited to:
- Overseeing the production process, drawing up a production schedule;
- Ensuring that the production is cost effective;
- Making sure that products are produced on time and meet or exceed the quality standard;
- Working out the human and material resources needed;
- Drafting a timescale for the job;
- Estimating costs and setting quality standards;
- Monitoring the production processes and adjusting schedules as needed;
- Being responsible for the selection and maintenance of equipment;
- Monitoring product standards and implementing quality-control programmes;
- Liaising among different departments, e.g. suppliers, managers;
- Working with managers to implement the company's policies and goals;
- Ensuring that health and safety guidelines are followed;
- Supervising and motivating a team of workers;
- Reviewing worker performance;
- Identifying training needs.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field (engineering, industrial technology, business management).
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in production, preferably at an industrial company.
- Strong management and interpersonal skills.
- Strong work ethic and high energy levels.
- Proven track record in managing production, preferably with an industrial company.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, identify and address problems, meet deadlines, and stay within budget.
- Displays good judgment in the face of changing priorities and multiple problems. Ability to anticipate, identify, and solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Experience coordinating work of multiple employees.
- Ability to create and manage production budgets.
- Planning and leadership skills.
- Computer literacy in all Microsoft Office programs.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should click here to apply online.