Our Client, a renowned multinational courier company and a leader in its industry, is currently seeking a Customs Clearance Manager to ilight-up; its operations in Nigeria.
Our preferred Candidate will be expected to, in addition to other functions, ensure the most timely and accurate Customs clearance of consignments and develop initiatives that will improve quality of service and increase overall "customer-experience”
CUSTOMS CLEARANCE MANAGER
• Represent Company's interests at Customs & Regulatory forums with professionalism and integrity.
• Act as strong representative in discussions & negotiations with customs authorities & other border agencies.
• Work closely with the Operations Management team to identify.
• Develop and prioritize initiatives that will improve the quality of service to customers, inbound/ outbound transit time and the overall cost position.
• Implement a sound customs strategy with programs and projects developed in line with the key aspirations of improved clearance performance and reduced cost.
• Identify opportunities, both internal and external and recommend initiatives that will facilitate the customs clearance process
• Identify opportunities and impediments in the areas of International trade facilitation, export incentive schemes, trade and policy development and bilateral and multilateral country agreements and work with country management to implement solutions.
• Ensure Company's customs processes are in compliance with all local laws, regulations & practices.
• Experience gained through country import I export industry at a senior level
• 2 years experience at a managerial level
• Experience gained in a similar environment will be considered an advantage
• Established network of contacts within the customs and regulatory environment
• Presentation skills
• University Degree or Equivalent education
METHOD OF APPLICATION
If you believe you can match the demands of this role, kindly forward your profile to: email@example.com, no later than 2 weeks from the date of this publication.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted subsequently.