Latest Vacancy at BBC
Posted on: 18 August, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Media / Radio / TV
View All Jobs at BBC
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The BBC has larger audiences in Africa than anywhere else in the world, through our broadcasts in English, French, Hausa, Kinyarwanda, Kirundi, Somali and Kiswahili. We connect with our audiences through a variety of delivery methods including TV, radio on FM, shortwave and satellite, and through partnerships with radio stations and mobile-phone operators which had led to BBC Hausa being the lead provider of radio and digital news in Nigeria. In 2014 we are looking forward to adding TV bulletins to our output.
- Working as part of our editorial team and adhering to tight deadlines, you’ll be involved in all aspects of multi-media journalism including; presenting, interviewing, translating and writing dispatches and packages for online, radio and television.
- You will work to produce engaging content to exceptional standards, demonstrating your knowledge of and passion for our audiences.
- You will have a broad knowledge of television news and will be eager to contribute to our upcoming TV bulletins to ensure they are a success.
The Ideal Candidate
- You’ll have complete comprehension of written and spoken Hausa and English, coupled with the ability to communicate effectively.
- With recent and relevant journalistic experience of and about Africa you will be able to demonstrate your familiarity with our audiences, trends within our marketplace and knowledge of African and international current affairs.
- You’ll have a thorough awareness of the media situation in Africa and the way it is developing and the challenges it poses to the BBC.
- You must have experience on radio and online journalism whilst knowledge of TV production is desirable.
Method of Application
Please note that candidates who applied for this position in May 2014 (job reference number - BBC/TP/139984/7915) are advised not to re-apply as the requirements have not changed.
Interested and suitably qualified candidtes should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about BBCSimilar Jobs
- Driver at DM Holdings Limited (DMH)
- Creative Editor at Iconway Media
- Broadcast Journalist (Video) at the BBC World Service
- Social Media Executive at iflix Nigeria
- Media Producer/Co-founder at Next up Africa
- Jobs at The News Chronicle
- Main Female Presenter at Network Arewa24 Limited
- Writers Needed at Open Journals Nigeria Magazine (OJN Mag)