Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance.
The company s 58,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes technology centers in the world s leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges.
Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production, and fluids and chemicals. For more information on Baker Hughes' century-long history, visit our website.
Job Number: 1420848
Employment status: Full Time regular
- Would you like to work in a field location and fulfill a business-critical role? Responsible for designing, executing and evaluating wellsite operations, field engineers are the vital link between Baker Hughes and our clients on oil and gas rigs.
- The role is demanding, both mentally and physically. When at the rigsite you will be required to work 12 hour shifts (day or night), and depending on your product line, you could be assembling, moving or operating heavy equipment, often in harsh environments and in all weather conditions.
- This role may require extensive time away from home to undertake training or to gain hands-on experience. You may also be required to work weekends and public holidays, as business needs dictate. You should expect to work in a variety of environments including offices, workshops or on rigsites; either on land or offshore.
- Join us and you will enhance your engineering skills through our three-year structured Field Engineer Development Program (FEDP) and quickly become competent with our technologies and processes. The FEDP enables potentially rapid career progression through a sequence of competency-based development steps.
- In the longer term, once you have achieved the levels of competence we expect, Baker Hughes offers you the opportunity to progress into a variety of leadership roles. You may elect to stay and build your career in the field, or you can aim for a position in operations management, product development, sales or another business support position.
Key responsibilities / Accountabilities
You will be assigned to a specific Baker Hughes product line where activities may include:
- Artificial lift
- Completion systems
- Drill bits
- Drilling fluids
- Drilling services
- Formation evaluation
- Integrated operations
- Intelligent production systems
- Pressure pumping
- Reservoir navigation services
- Sand control systems
- Specialty chemicals
- Surface logging services
- Wellbore intervention
- Wireline services.
Depending upon your product line assignment, you will be involved in technical activities which could include:
- Assembling and deploying downhole equipment at a base location prior to being dispatched to the wellsite. Downhole equipment may be a combination of electrically, mechanically, or hydraulically activated and operated specialized equipment
- Designing wellsite interventions under supervision using simulation software packages
- Analyzing rigsite performance data and recommending changes to product configurations
- Assisting sales representatives in business development activities including presenting to clients
- Performing warehousing and logistical activities
- Setting up and removing equipment at the well site
- Authoring and producing post-job evaluation reports for the client.
Essential qualifications / requirements
- As well as fluency in English (assessment of your English proficiency may be part of the selection process) and the legal right to work in the country in which you have applied without company sponsorship or time restriction, you will need:
- A minimum four-year technical degree or Master's, completed within the past 24 months in:
- Aerospace engineering
- Applied sciences
- Chemical engineering
- Chemistry ( organic or inorganic)
- Civil engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Environmental engineering
- Industrial engineering
- Instrumentation engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Nuclear engineering
- Petroleum engineering
- Another engineering-related subject.
At least three of the following:
- A minimum grade point average of 3.0/4.0 (2.2) or equivalent
- Relevant work experience (paid or unpaid)
- Evidence of practical / technical capability, e.g. internships, summer jobs, hobbies
- Evidence of extra-curricular activity
- A valid driving license maybe required in some locations.
Preferred qualifications / requirements
- We are looking for people who are motivated, resilient, persistent, flexible and adaptable.
- You will also need to show leadership, creative problem-solving, strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- A valid driver's license with a clean driving record may be required in some locations.
The Field Engineer Development Program (FEDP) involves theoretical and hands-on learning to allow you to become an expert in your assigned product line. It consists of three structured steps, each designed to be completed within 12 months:
- Year 1 work under supervision and participate in instructor-led training in one of our global training centers. Travel may also be required to enable you to get hands-on experience
- Year 2 continue to increase your technical competencies through instructor-led and on-the-job training, with further courses to develop business and leadership skills. You will have increased responsibilities when working on the wellsite
- Year 3 progress to working unsupervised, with a broadening scope of knowledge, skills and responsibilities. You may be leading teams at the wellsite and be the primary contact for our clients.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale