Management Sciences for Health (MSH) saves lives and improves health, especially among the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people, by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Our mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
PRO-ACT is an MSH-implemented project in Nigeria that aims at supporting State Ministries of Health and State Action Committees on AIDS (SACA) to deliver comprehensive HIV/AIDS/TB services—including providing antiretroviral therapy for the hundreds of thousands of people in need in Nigeria. The project will scale up the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) programming to achieve its goals for provision of ART, palliative care services for HIV-TB co-infected individuals, and prevention of HIV transmission from mother-to-child (PMTCT).
The success of the PRO-ACT project depends largely on accurate, complete and timely reporting of achievements to PEPFAR/USAID. Achievement of set targets is of utmost importance. Hence, the objective of the M&E Associate Director position is to provide technical leadership in the development and operationalization of the PRO-ACT Performance Measurement Plan (PMP) integrated with PRO-ACT institutional and other PRO systems; so as to generate strategic data for program management, reporting and documentation of best practices.
- Spearheading the strategic design and implementation of the PRO-ACT project PMP in line with PEPFAR and national reporting requirements.
- Member of the Project Management Team that is responsible for overall project performance.
- Take overall responsibility for all M&E functions of the PRO-ACT project.
- Take lead in the development and implementation of PRO-ACT PMP and reporting formats for PEPFAR indicators and targets in collaboration with the Project Director, Director Clinical Services, Advisors, and State Teams.
- Establish system for flow of information from service-delivery points to the PRO-ACT central data base and ensure timely M&E technical support to all implementing health facilities.
- Conduct periodic data quality audits.
- Ensure PRO-ACT PMP provides adequate data for PEPFAR, NASCP and NACA reporting; and provides inputs into other national and international reporting systems.
- Build the capacity of PRO-ACT staff in the design and implementation of a coordinated and effective monitoring and evaluation system.
- Ensure state-of-the art database management practice at PRO-ACT
- Analyze M&E data on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis and flag action areas to the project management.
- Link and analyze resource inputs, outputs and outcomes and report on project effectiveness and efficiency.
- Work with PRO-ACT management to document and publish best practices.
- Liaise and network with relevant PRO-ACT partners and collaborators to harmonize our reporting systems.
- Provide clear documentation of programmatic achievements and keep PRO senior management informed on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Coordinate writing of reports and take responsibility for compilation of joint project report to the donor and partners.
- Supervision: Works independently with authority from the Project Director, within strategy and policy guidelines.
- Decision Making: Makes decisions with regards to work responsibilities and is accountable for them.
- Responsibility over data or information: Has access to information within project, and is responsible for program data generation and management budget and all assets in the program.
- Responsibility over Staff: M&E technical responsibility for state M&E specialists
- Postgraduate degree in Statistics, Epidemiology or related field with focus on monitoring and evaluation and/or Biostatistics.
- At least 2 years hand-on-experience at a senior position in monitoring and evaluation with very good analytical, presentation, communication and reporting skills.
- Significant experience in developing monitoring plans and/or management information systems 2 years of which spent working with NGOs in an African setting.
- Excellent inter-personal, multi-cultural and team building skills.
- Strong computer skills particularly in spreadsheets, database and statistical applications.
- Significant experience working in HIV/AIDS programs in Nigeria.
- Familiarity with PEPFAR reporting systems highly desirable, particularly for HIV Counseling and Testing, prevention of Mother-to-Child Transmission, ART, palliative care, and OVC desirable
- Excellent writing skills, oral and written communication skills and fluency in English
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.