Senior Software Engineer at Energy360 Africa Limited
Posted on: 20 November, 2019
Deadline: 20 November, 2019
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Energy360 Africa
Energy360 Africa Limited is providing independent technology solutions to the retail fuels industry. Energy360 uses the power of real-time data to reduce fuel losses, lower operational costs, lower operational control breaches and improve margins for fuel retailers.
- The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, multi-tasker, and demonstrated team-player.
- You will be a lead developer responsible for the development of new software products and enhancements to existing products.
- You should excel in working with large-scale applications and frameworks and have outstanding communication and leadership skills.
- Writing clean, high-quality, high-performance, maintainable code
- Develop and support software including applications, database integration, interfaces, and new functionality enhancements
- Coordinate cross-functionally to insure project meets business objectives and compliance standards
- Support test and deployment of new products and features
- Participate in code reviews
- Technical leadership for junior software engineers
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related field)
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
- Expertise in Object Oriented Design, Database Design, and XML Schema
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize work
- Experience with Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
- Mastery of the core features of at least one backend language: PHP, Java..
- Deep knowledge of Vue.js as well as experience with responsive design interface development
- Extensive experience with architecture and design principles, building to consider maintainability performance, security requirements, and impact
- Deep understanding of fundamental database concepts - relational (MYSQL) database, ORMs/ODMs and Web storage API (frontend)
- Strong ability to problem-solve, debug, and understand pertinent performance metrics
- Experience with code automation, continuous integration and continuous delivery tools (ex. Jenkins)
- Experience working with Application Monitoring Tool (ex. Sentry)
- Strong preference for test-driven-development (TDD) and understands its importance
- Comfort with at least one web server technology (i.e: Apache, Nginx)
- Comfort working within at least one cloud hosting platform (i.e: AWS)
- Working knowledge of tools and editors (ex: Grunt, Sublime, Atom, JSLint)
- Measured experience with unit, integration, e2e and UI testing, with at least one relevant testing framework
- Comfort working within agile methodologies and experienced in estimation and time management.
- Experience working on hardware/IoT integration projects
- Working knowledge of software engineering version control systems and collaboration tools (Ex: Git)
- Experience working with hardware and embedded device SDKs (ex: POS)Familiarity with containerization infrastructure and orchestration.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Energy360 AfricaSimilar Jobs
- Sales Manager at Intelics Solutions
- Logistics Officer at CITCC Nigeria Limited
- Jobs at Contec Global Group
- Job Openings at Aptech Computer Education
- Director, Commercial Product SSA at MasterCard Nigeria
- Corporate Driver at Omnicom Solutions Limited
- Quality Assurance Analyst at 234Code
- Head, Sales & Business Development at Global Accelerex Limited