If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
CELEBRATING LIFE - EVERY DAY, EVERYWHERE. Diageo is the world's leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of international brands across spirits, wine and beer. Our global priority brand portfolio consists of Smirnoff, Johnnie Walker, Guinness, Baileys, J&B, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and many more. Diageo trades in approximately 180 markets and employs over 25,000 talented people around the world. With offices in 80 countries, we also have manufacturing facilities across the globe including Great Britain, Ireland, United States, Canada, Spain, Italy, Africa, Latin America, Australia, India and the Caribbean. Our great range of brands and geographic spread means that people can celebrate with our products at every occasion no matter where they are in the world. This is why 'celebrating life every day, everywhere' is at the core of what we do
Guinness Nigeria PLC is a major market for Diageo No 3 in World for Guinness – No 1 for Foreign Extra Stout and the leading African market for Malta Guinness and Harp.
The Nigerian drinks market is relatively unsophisticated, but highly dynamic and a key contributor to the success of the GNPLC strategic plan is an effective & flexible field sales force demonstrating industry leadership in both volume driving & brand building activity.To ensure success, a dedicated and focused resource is required in the divisions to work with the Divisional Sales team, and in particular with the National Sales Capability Manager (NSCM) and Divisional Sales Managers (DSM).
- Financial: Management via Line Manager of a Field Training Budget
- Market Complexity: Internally – Sales teams and Sales Leadership to identify and deliver solutions to meet Team and individual capability needs. Externally – Works closely with Distributors, Wholesalers and Van Salesmen in the Region to deliver training solutions and enhance their capabilities in line with company objectives.
- Is able to stand for what is right for the individual, team and region. Can build great relationships with stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Can find solutions; generates ideas and moves them to action by creating opportunities. Is able to work within and outside of established approaches.
- Connects to the Diageo purpose – Is passionate about delivering results through others to drive significant business benefits. Embraces change and takes ownership for driving initiatives in their Region.
- Is experienced in managing relationships and has baseline expertise in Commercial Planning, trade strategy and insights
- Has a developing knowledge of Sales Drivers and Consumer Driven Outlet Segmentation
Purpose of Role
To develop and enhance the skills and capabilities required by every member of the sales divisions.
- Deliver Classroom and in –field training programs to calibrate team and line managers’ performance. Will attend key meetings to provide advice and support.
- Develop Divisional training plans based on training needs analysis in conjunction with National Sales Capability Manager and Human Resources.
- Puts programmes in place and delivers to ensure that selling and commercial capabilities of the Divisional sales teams are developed and followed through.
- Have a full knowledge of the Intouch system and ways of working to be able to act as a coach and ensure the sales capability champions also have the skills required to coach on Intouch and continue to support sales representatives on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure Intouch is fully embedded within the Division, and that all Intouch users have the capabilities required to fully utilise the system and follow the sales operating standards and Intouch ways of working
- Effectively manage the Distributor capability Development Program and other initiatives in the Region.
- Act as an agent to encourage the transfer of learning across markets and drive best practice from own and other sources.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Graduate calibre with a minimum of 4-7years successful commercial experience, preferably in an FMCG /Drinks environment
- Must be able to work, Influence and integrate teams, develop others to deliver at their best - High Performance Coaching
- Problem solver, Quick learner, planning/ organizing, highly detail conscious and have a huge passion for growing and developing others
- Good presentation, report – writing, time management and organisational skills and information technology.
- Skilled at analysis and evaluation
Flexible Working Options
Division based – minimum of 75% of time expected in Trade
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should Click here to apply online