IBM is a global technology and innovation company headquartered in Armonk, NY. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 400,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. IBM offers a wide range of technology and consulting services; a broad portfolio of middleware for collaboration, predictive analytics, software development and systems management; and the world's most advanced servers and supercomputers. Utilizing its business consulting, technology and R&D expertise, IBM helps clients become "smarter" as the planet becomes more digitally interconnected. This includes working with organizations and governments to build systems that improve traffic congestion, availability of clean water, and the health and safety of populations. IBM invests more than $6 billion a year in R&D, just completing its 18th year of patent leadership. IBM Research has received recognition beyond any commercial technology research organization and is home to 5 Nobel Laureates, 9 US National Medals of Technology, 5 US National Medals of Science, 6 Turing Awards, and 10 Inductees in US Inventors Hall of Fame. The company was behind the inventions of the PC; SABRE travel reservation system; UPC codes, Watson, the Jeopardy!-playing computing system, and much more.
• Effectively manager IBM real estate properties across Central East and West Africa(CEWA)
• Provide support to other RESO(Real Estate Site Operations) functions (Estates Planning, Engineering & Construction, Finance, facilities management, etc.) to deliver RESO team overall objectives.
• Manage operations and maintenance of existing real estate properties and assets to ensure safe, efficient and reliable working environment based on a complete understanding of business strategy, priorities, accounting and financial targets;
• Plan the countries requirements for real estate portfolio;
• Define requirements for outsourced facilities operations;
• Suppliers’ contract management and performance measurement;
• Ensure company’s compliance with contractual obligations and company policies;
• Manage real estate projects;
• Interface with Verticals;
• Provide local knowledge/support to RESO CEWA;
• Preserve and enhance RESO CEWA Business Controls posture.
• Define the scope or requirements, prepare/review/revise contract terms and conditions, liaising with regional RESO Management business case preparation;
• Define scope for outsourced facilities operations services;
• Evaluate and document suppliers’ deliverables / performance;
• Review and approve all Expenditures for RESO in Central East and West Africa and retain evidence of disbursement control; Validate ledger reconciliation on monthly basis;
• Ensure accurate and timely payments of rent, service charges, utilities, real estate related taxes;
• Effective management of key stakeholders (internal clients, landlords, suppliers, internal service providers);
• Manage effective space utilization;
• Maintain up-to-date real estate assets management;
• Provide a quarterly management self assessment of controls related to RESO activities in accordance with Corporate Business Controls;
• Provide regular feedback, status reports to regional RESO management.
• Good Written and Verbal communication in English and local language (any other language an advantage)
• Good Interpersonal Skill
• Multi Task & Flexible
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.