Optimus Search Limited is the leading search specialist in Europe and was ranked 57th in the 2013 Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100. Headquartered in Central London and established in 2005, we are now internationally recognised as a company that consistently delivers world-class talent across multiple industries.
With over 8 years of experience in identifying the very best people for companies who demand exceptional people, our clients recognise that we always look to surpass the conventional to satisfy their needs.
We train our consultants to know their industries inside out. It is not enough to just know technical buzzwords; our team is passionate about maintaining in-depth knowledge to fully understand client requirements at a technical level.
Working from London, our unrivalled track record of delivering the very best talent to companies across Europe has pushed Optimus to stand out from its competitors as the outstanding talent sourcing firm in Europe.
Location. Nigeria (rotation)
I am working closely alongside an international oil and gas exploration and production company with a strategic focus on Africa, the Middle East and the North Sea. They currently have a requirement for the position of Senior Completion Engineer for a Semi Submersible project.
I have submitted some details below for your review and consideration.
Description of the Work:
• Working in a team of drilling/completion and well test engineers to plan and support the safe and efficient delivery of development, exploration and appraisal wells in water-depths up to 700ft, offshore Nigeria.
• Operations involve the following special challenges:
o Subsea completions and well testing,
o Complex smart completions,
o Late changes to completion designs that are dependent on well results,
o Completions planning, design and development of the installation programme,
o High angle / extended reach wells,
o Third party staff, service and equipment quality,
o Complex supply chain and logistics,
o Interaction with other (G&G) departments,
o Onsite supervision of completions installation (when required),
• Minimum of 10 years relevant experience, of which at least 3 in a similar position.
• Good experience with semi’s, knowledge of onshore and jack-up operations would be beneficial.
• Previous Nigerian / West African experience is advantageous.
• Technical / engineering qualification required.
• Thorough understanding of HSE, its application in completion operations and ensuring standards are met. Capable of leading by example.
• Strong drive for continuous performance improvement.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills, capable of working effectively in a multi-cultural society.
• Good Team member.
• Completion and testing experience.
• Able to work under sustained high workload, meet tight deadlines yet still deliver quality work.
• Competency with drilling engineering software.
• Proficiency with spreadsheets, word processors and presentation software.
• Project management skills.
• Excellent knowledge of completion engineering and international industry standards, ideally acquired while working for a large international operator.
• Good organisation and project management skills, ensuring efficient application of the company’s well delivery and commercial processes.
• Contracts and contractor management.
• Valid well control certificate preferred.
• Competitive day rate, paid overseas by first week of following month, net of Nigerian Income Tax. Travel days paid.
• 12 months, renewable based on performance.
• 1 year. Upon completion, reassignment to other projects is a possibility.
Apply today and don't miss out on this great opportunity.
Click here to apply for this position