Job Vacancies at 9mobile
Posted on: 15 October, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at 9Mobile
9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
- Operate and maintain VAS platforms/ systems to ensure constant (24 hours) availability and stability.
- Technical support operations and projects for the deployment and delivery of VAS products and services
- Put in place strategies to ensure 99.99% network and service availability of VAS nodes
- Work closely with vendors in the testing, implementation and maintenance of services as required by the business (Commercial and Marketing requirements)
- Perform comprehensive analysis of faults/failures on VAS nodes to determine the root cause and conduct corrective action for permanent resolution in a timely manner
- Analyse daily generated alarms and error logs, report, trends and implement proactive measure
- Work closely with other stakeholders (products development, customer care and Network Planning) to deliver quality value-added services.
- Develop and apply high level of skills, knowledge and standards to stay current with business and industry trends.
- Apply proactive approach towards performance management, and suggest corrective measures to arrest any shortfalls
- Perform acceptance tests on newly implemented VAS platforms to validate features, capacity and functions
- Have a full understanding of VAS protocols including SMPP, USSDI&II, SIP, XML, Diameter, HTTP(S), SS7, SIGTRAN, Web services, IP and others (SNMP, ICMP, etc)
- Perform other assigned duties as delegated by management
- First degree or equivalent in Engineering or Science
- Three (3) to Five (5) years post NYSC work experience
Experience, Skills & Competencies:
- Expert knowledge of Network Availability and Capacity Management
- Good understanding of technology evolution (Cloud Computing, Software-Defined Networking (SDN), network functions virtualization (NFV), IoT, M2M, AI etc.)
- Good understanding of Online and Offline billing
- Good understanding of Software life cycle
- Basic knowledge of IP Technologies
- Expert knowledge of Database Management System (RDBMS and NoSQL)
- Good knowledge of data visualization
- Expert knowledge of Linux/UNIX operating system
- Good knowledge of VAS service flow
- Basic Programming knowledge (PHP, PL/SQL, Python, Shell Scripting etc.)
- Great team work and collaborative spirit
- A self-starter with high attention to detail
- Ability to engage and drive others to deliver targets
- Proven ability to make an impact both internally and externally
- Delegation/ Supervisory
- Problem Solving and analytical mind
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Team work
- Customer Focus
go to method of application »
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Coordinate the development, establishment and maintenance of cordial relationships with all stakeholders i.e. government agencies and host communities within the Region 1 and leverage on all existing relationships to achieve the company's objectives.
- Monitor and analyse political, economic and policy trends and activities in Region 1, working with all internal stakeholders to mitigate potential threats to EMTS operations.
- Maintain relationships with host communities after sites are integrated. Identify initiatives or programs to develop the communities and ensure proper implementation in assigned Region.
- Collate data, prepare periodic reports and conduct research on policies, laws, regulations and data relevant to EMTS.
- Track, monitor and analyse state legislative bills, local government bye laws, public policies and directives from Ministries, Department and Agencies (MDAs) in Region 1 and collaborate with relevant stakeholders to drive strategic initiatives to protect EMTS policy interests
- Manage senior government officials in Region 1 to ensure their participation in all EMTS events
- Engage the relevant MDAs in the Region to prevent multiple taxation, acquire permits/approvals and minimise adverse actions by such bodies which may disrupt operations of any EMTS outlet
- Liaise with Finance to ensure timely payment of all government statutory fees.
- Maintain cordial relationships with all stakeholders in host communities within which EMTS operates or/and has outlets and leverage on relationships to achieve the company's objectives.
- Participate in the evaluation of prospective cities, towns and communities identified for outlets and make recommendations in line with best practice and the company's interest
- Identify all issues (Government or Community) and work within company procedures and guidelines to resolve them within agreed timelines.
- Ensure all stakeholders Radio, Transmission, Site Acquisition, Rollout, Legal and Finance teams are aware of all government or community related issues and follow through with them to ensure resolution
- Initiate and carry out dialogues, meetings, negotiations where necessary on behalf of the organization to resolve issues relating to roll-out and post roll out operations in host communities
- Provide input in the development/modification (where necessary) of company procedure and guidelines regarding government and/or community relations
- Ensure due diligence and integrity is employed for stakeholder discussions and all dispute resolutions
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head, Government & Legislative Affairs.
- First degree in a relevant discipline.
- Three to Five years post NYSC relevant work experience
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about 9MobileSimilar Jobs
- Software Developer at Coniah Systems Support Limited
- Dispatch Rider at Conciliandos Solutions Limited
- Sales Executive at Contec Global Group
- Graphics / Motion Graphics Designer at McOlay Concepts International Limited
- Account Executive at Microsoft Nigeria
- Web Developer at Les Gilles Limited
- Agent Network Officer at Infostrategy Technology Limited
- Senior Software Developers at Konga Nigeria