Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs for improving Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH), Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria, etc. We offer professionals, opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration.
We seek applications from qualified persons for the following positions in an OVC relate donor funded project, which is designed to improve the well-being of vulnerable children and caregivers:
Reporting To: The Internal Audit Manager
As the internal auditor, your main responsibility is to review and improve project financial control and project risk management processes. This is to ensure the existence amid effectiveness of internal controls, the reliability and integrity of financial & operational information, regular compliance with ARFH policies, instructions & guidelines, as well as donor rules.
- Ensure the implementation of internal audits approach/plan for the project, monitor objectives and revise as appropriate;
- Identify potential risk areas in the course of audits and investigations.
- Ensure controls established are strictly adhered to and in line with ARFH policies and financial regulations by pointing out exceptions;
- Prepare annual audit plan and audit calendar;
- Examine and evaluate financial amid information systems, recommending controls to ensure system reliability and data integrity;
- Verify and check all supporting documents for purpose silts, for money eligibility and appropriate authorization;
- Check and ensure that relevant processes tire followed for procurements;
- Follow through on proper, complete and timely retirements of advances;
- Carry out Spot check on all movable assets including cash, vehicles and health commodities;
- Perform investigations of suspected fraud or misappropriations and complete special projects as assigned;
- Assist in external audit assignments of internal control and substantive testing accurately as requested, completely and in a timely manner.
- Prepare reports including Executive summary, details of findings and recommendations on each assignment;
- Summarize in a timely manner selected risk- rated audit findings identified its audits and reviews for the semi-annual Internal Audit reports along with additional information that may he requested.
A minimum of HND / B.Sc. degree in Accounting and ACA/ACCA/CPA. Must also have at least three years relevant working experience with reputable audit firms with skills in QuickBooks, Microsoft excel, words and power point), good knowledge of internal control systems of non-governmental organizations, financial audit processes and accounting procedures for multiple donors such as United Nations, USAID, Global Fund, DFID)
go to method of application »
Reporting To: The Chief of Party
Provide technical leadership and specific directions to design and implement a streamlined M&E system that enables staff and volunteers to collect data to capture project performance and results in accordance with donor and award requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates all monitoring and reporting activities under the award.
- Works in collaboration with the State and Federal Min of Women Affairs and Social development & OVU partners and develops and manages the Project’s Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP)
- Builds capacity of partners and government in the design, collection, analysis, dissemination and learning from data
- Collaborates with partners and government to design appropriate and useful community-level data
- Maintains cooperative relationship with all key stakeholders and partners in states, LGAs and the communities including policy makers, donor partners and sub-awardees
- Serves as the key senior-level M& F resource, working in conjunction with other members of the project management team to provide and maintain the project’s overall strategic goal
- Supports and guides the project team in implementation of the project’s Predominance Monitoring Plan
- Supervises the day-to-day work of the M&E staff and provides TA and support to the project states to strengthen M&E systems
- Facilitate the development, planning and implementation of Project baseline, midline and final evaluation reports and dissemination
- Represents the organization and makes presentations at professional meetings, conferences and workshops related to Monitoring and Evaluation.
- A Master Degree or PhD in Public health, health policy, development, demography and social statistics or other related field.
- A minimum of seven years of M&E experience in the field of HIV/AIDS and OVC, computer literacy with demonstrated use of word processing, database and presentation software (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Experience with database development and management in Access.
- DHIS and statistical analysis software (EPI-INFO, SPS, STATA, SAS or similar) is required.
- Proven ability to work with donors (United Nations, USAID, Global Fund, DFLD, etc) and Government at all levels.
- Excellent writing and communications skills in English and evidence of publishing in peer-review journals will be advantage.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document) explaining suitability for the job; to: email@example.com on/or before July 8th, 2014. Please indicate the title of post applied for in the subject line of the email.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as for three professional referees. Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.