Field Accountant at International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC)
Posted on: 18 August, 2011
Deadline: 24 August, 2011
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Int.Fertilizer Dev.Centre
International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) is a public international organization addressing critical issues such as international food security, the alleviation of global hunger and poverty, environmental protection and the promotion of economic development and self-sufficiency. IFDC is seeking to contract full-time Field Accountant.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
• Supervise at least 2 Satellite Offices accounting and review the accounting vouchers and reports for these Satellite Offices on a daily basis.
• Assist the Accountant in recording accounting entries in Abuja Office.
• Serve as a liaison between the National Administration and Finance Officer (NAFO) in Abuja and the satellite offices on accounting and Administration issues.
• Conduct internal financial review of the satellite offices on a regular basis in consultation with the Accountant and NAFO.
• Prepare internal review reports for each visit to the Satellite offices and report to the Accountant and NAFO
• Assist in the completion of monthly financial reports (bank reconciliation, cash advance. cash flow statement)
• Bachelors degree or equivalent in accounting
• At least 3 years of experience with donors projects
• Computer Literate with proficiency in MS Excel and Word Ability to handle multiple projects accounts
• Proven ability to work independently and to take initiative Fluent in English
• Excellent skills to work in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment.
The location for above position is Abuja and the duration is 1 year subject to renewal. The candidate will report to the National Accountant. IFOC offers a very competitive salary and benefit package and will pay commensurate with the skills and experience of the selected candidate.
Details of the post are given below, please read this carefully in conjunction with the Notes on Applications.
How to Apply
NOTES ON APPLICATIONS:
Please read these carefully. Failure to comply will adversely affect your application.
• Application is by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Each application should be in the form of a one page letter and a CV of no more than four pages. This is a strict limit.
• The closing date and time for application is 17:00hrs on the 24th August 2011. • Only candidates invited to interview will be contacted.
• Specific enquires relating to the application process should be addressed to the email address above. No telephone queries will be responded to.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Int.Fertilizer Dev.CentreSimilar Jobs
- Latest Job Openings at Première Urgence Internationale (PUI)
- Transcriber/Transcriptionist at PeachAid Medical Initiative (PMI)
- Jobs at Marie Stopes International (MSION)
- Finance Intern at WaterAid Nigeria
- Financial Secretary at The Skills Outside School Foundation
- Job Opportunity at Oxfam
- Latest Job Vacancies at The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET)
- Accounting Job at the German Leprosy and TB Relief Association (GLRA)