Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Project Overview and Role
This is a requisition for employment at Partnership to Engage, Reform and Learn (PERL) – a component of which is the Engaged Citizens’ Pillar (PERL-ECP) is a flagship five-year Programme, funded by the UK’s Department for International Development (DFID) in Nigeria.
PERL-ECP is recruiting to fill a vacant position in our Lagos offices. PERL-ECP is managed by Palladium International Limited. Palladium works with core and niche partner organisations to deliver the PERL-ECP programme. One of Palladium’s core partners is Integrity Organisation Limited. Integrity is an anti-corruption research, advocacy and consulting organisation focused on issues of accountability and transparency in public and business life. This vacancy is for an Integrity staff role, embedded in the PERL-ECP programme.
The PERL-ECP mandate is to effectively engage citizens to bring about improvements in service delivery and positively impact on poverty outcomes by working to ensure that constituencies become increasingly effective at influencing improvements in government ability to deliver services and policy issues for the benefit of greater number of Nigerians. PERL-ECP supports partners to work constructively with government, focusing on issues, processes and systems that are on the government’s reform agenda, as well as public priority for citizens. The core approach used by Engaged Citizens involves supporting locally led processes of change, enhancing the local actor’s ability to broker constructive multi-stakeholder partnerships, strengthening institutions for collective action, promoting attention to the mitigation of conflict and facilitating gender and social inclusion.
PERL-ECP has a 5-year life span from May 2016 and is operating in Abuja National Office which includes, a Federal Delivery unit located in the FCT, Abuja, 3 Partner states in Kano, Jigawa and Kaduna with 3 regional locations in South West (Lagos), South East (Enugu) and the North East (Borno, Adamawa and Yobe).
The Administration Officer is responsible for the day to day running of the office. This includes management of the office resources and coordination of all logistical needs. The SAO will directly manage all office support staff and drivers and will work closely with all state team members to ensure the effective delivery of the programme.
Under the direct supervision of the State Team Leader (STL), the incumbent will directly supervise drivers and Office Assistant and he/she is responsible for, but not necessarily limited to, the following assigned duties:
Office and Logistic Administration:
- Office Running – ensure efficient use of all office facilities including vehicles, complaint with ECP policy. Give specific attention to monitoring and analysis of fuel consumption of office vehicles and generators.
- Vehicle Running – co-ordinate vehicle movements based on the work schedule for the state team, and ensure all transport provisions for the state office are efficient, effective and safe.
- Monitoring and analysis of fuel consumption of office vehicles (checking logbooks, overtime sheets and receipts with drivers
- Provide logistical support to all short-term TA and visitors (local, national and international): arrange ‘meet & greet’, hotel accommodation, local travel, etc, through liaison with the National Administration Manager where necessary.
- HR - support the National Admin Manager in providing inductions/orientations for new state team members, maintain accurate personnel records including timesheets and leave applications.
- Ensure that Office Health, Safety and Security (OHSS) information is displayed in an obvious position in the office in line with the guidelines laid out in the project operations manual
- Manage the security of the office location, physical structure and alterations, provide oversight of security guards and track vehicle movements, all to minimum security requirements as directed by Palladium Nigeria Security Manager and in collaboration with the National Logistics and Security Manager.
- Ensure that the state programme complies with required health and safety standards (fire, personal risk, accident, etc) as defined by Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs).
- Maintain an updated preferred suppliers list (liaise with other programmes and DFID to enable comparative pricing/VfM), and select preferred local suppliers through competitive process, validated by the State Procurement Committee.
- Liaise with staff with lead responsibility for implementation of specific programme activities to organise logistical support as required, on the basis of agreed workplans and schedules, as endorsed by the STL through weekly staff meetings which signed minutes of the meetings shall be shared with the NAM via e-mail correspondence.
- Liaise with the providers of local facilities (within and outside the state) on behalf of programme staff to secure bookings for hotels, halls, care-hire, etc, for programme events.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Business Administration or a related field
- Experience working in a donor (preferably DFID) funded programme
- At least a proven providing logistical support to large complex programmes in the Nigerian context
- Line management experience of at least 1 year.
Key Competencies and Professional Expertise Required:
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate with both national and international staff members as well as with people of different backgrounds and cultures
- Excellent organisational skills including the ability to work with remote teams and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to be a team player, be respectful and inclusive, be able to learn and share on the job, while working in a way to ensure sustainability and also be able to adapt and iterate in their job function.
- Shortlisted applicants shall go through a staged interview process comprising of a written Test and a Competency based interviews. For a candidate to advance to level of participating in the Competency Based interview, they must be successful in the Written Test first.
Method of Application
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview. Please note that any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation
- Practical understanding and application of donor regulations in large and complex projects is highly desired
- Excellent computer skills including and proficiency in the use of automated assets and inventory software, fleet management and reporting software
- Please note that this role is for an Integrity Organisation Limited staff member, and the position will be embedded in the PERL-ECP programme.
Interested and qualified? Go to Palladium Group career website on palladiumhr.secure.force.com to apply