Careers in an Oil & Gas Industry
Posted on: 23 June, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Adexen
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by a fully integrated and efficient downstream player with leading positions in the oil and gas industry to recruit a chief internal auditor for its operations in Nigeria.
Our client is a fully integrated and efficient downstream player with leading positions in the oil and gas industry.
- Develop and implement internal audit strategy, policies, procedures and annual audit plan; identify priorities and resource requirements for the year in line with strategic goals of the company
- Develop and execute a comprehensive audit program that is responsive to the operational, financial and control risks within the company; plan and conduct audits to assess controls, operational efficiencies and compliance with selected policies, procedures and regulations.
- Resolve audit problems that occur and develop modifications to coverage and schedule.
- Review management action plans and monitor implementation of recommendations proposed by Internal Audit, as well as the independent auditors, to ensure that root causes have been identified and issues are adequately addressed and mitigated.
- Perform annual risk assessment during audit planning and development of the audit strategy, audit plan and audit scope.
- Coordinate scope and coverage with the Company’s independent external auditors.
- Coordinate Internal Audit activities with those of the external auditors to ensure proper audit coverage, eliminate duplicate efforts and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of audit activities.
- Maintain audit files by documenting the audit procedures used and each of the audit reports completed
- Take appropriate actions to close or mitigate control deficiencies identified by the external auditors
- Minimum of HND, BSc in Accounting or equivalent in related discipline
- Masters or Doctorate degree is an added advantage
- Professional accounting or audit qualifications is required e.g. ICAN, CAN, ACCA, AIA, CISA etc
- Minimum of ten years working experience in an auditing, accounting, finance or a related field
- Minimum of five years managerial level experience in an internal auditing unit
- Comprehensive knowledge of accounting and audit principles, practice and procedure including relevant legislations and regulations
- Strong technical knowledge of Internal Controls, Risk Management, Corporate Governance
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate, coordinate, and influence members of management at all levels.
- Influencing and negotiation ability
- Strong planning and organizational skills
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about AdexenSimilar Jobs
- Job Opportunities at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- Accountant at Padua Petroleum Nigeria Limited (PPNL)
- Procurement Support Officer at Hobark International Limited (HIL)
- GM Business Development at Energi Talent Resourcing
- Job Openings at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- Management Accountant at Subsea 7
- Human Resources Manager at Bradfield Consulting Limited
- Business Development Manager/Business Development Officer at MG Vowgas Group