Do you have a passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU!
We employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our progressive & committed opening team at the InterContinental Lagos.
InterContinental Lagos is located on Victoria Island, in the centre of Lagos home to the majority of foreign embassies and multinational companies, making it the perfect residence for affluent business and diplomatic travellers. Built on an elevated terrain overlooking Lagos's port and the city below, the 19 storey hotel offers uninterrupted, spectacular views of Lagos Skyline. InterContinental Lagos comprises of 352 well-appointed, elegantly decorated rooms and suites as well as a Club InterContinental floor. Guests have access to an all-day dining restaurant, two specialty restaurants, room service and the pool bar for lighter meal choices and snacks. The lobby lounge and cocktail bar is the perfect setting for casual meetings over coffee or drinks. In addition, for the health conscious traveller there is a health club bar serving fresh juices. InterContinental Lagos also offers exclusive business and conference facilities including a state of the art ballroom with a foyer area, and several additional flexible meeting and breakout. Other amenities include a fully-equipped gym, outdoor pool, and retail space.
We are currently recruiting our F&B Director.
- As the F&B Director, you will be responsible for the management of all food and beverage operations in the hotel including restaurants, bars, kitchen operations, catering and banquet operations.
- Commercial acumen and the drive to deliver agreed revenue and profit targets are essential.
- Your priority will be to oversee the implementation of standards as detailed in the departmental standards and procedures manual.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- You will be required to ensure that all staff within your department are adequately trained and developed in line with company policy.
- You will take care of a proper staffing and scheduling and will actively guide and direct the whole team to ensure consistency of brand standards and a maximum level of performance and service delivery.
- Together with your Outlet Managers you will be working on trend-setting concepts.
- You are familiar with the local Nigerian market and are well aware of its challenges as well as our competitors’ strengths.
- Together with your team you are willing to go from good to great.
- As an inspiring leader you are ready to guide your team to become the no. 1 on the market and within the industry.
- As member of the Executive Team you are ready to guarantee business success.
- Degree or its equivalent
- Good understanding of the Hotel Industry standards, policies and procedures
- Extensive international experience in branded hotels
- Experience in high-end city operation with multi unit F&B and large Conference & Event
- Creative and open minded as well as outstanding leadership skills.
- Hands-on mentality and comfortable with the role of a true host.
- Good business mind and commercial flair
- Good understanding of the Nigerian local business and operation environments and markets
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale