tandard Chartered Bank Nigeria - We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group's people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
We are recruiting for the position of:
Job ID: 437073
Job Function: Retail Clients
Location: Port Harcourt, Nigeria - SCB
- Developing and executing sales program and activities to achieve the value centers sales targets
- Provide personal financial planning services to customers as well as handle customers enquiries and complaints
- Review credit applications for wealth facilities
- Submission of weekly and monthly sales figures and projections. Rendering SOP’s, KPI’, call memos, call plans and other weekly activity reports
- Cross selling of products and referring business opportunities to other units of the bank
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Generate new business to achieve defined sales targets
- Value Centre and banks overall profitability
- Customer referrals to other business units
- Maintaining customer loyalty
Ensure you remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the Bank’s efforts in combating it by adhering to the key principles in relation to: “identifying your customer, knowing your customer, reporting suspicions, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicions to customers”.
Judgment is required continually on:
- Product Knowledge
- Service Standards
- Frauds/Losses, KYC standards
Know How and Experience
- Ability to plan daily/periodic operations
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills
- Salesmanship, energy, drive and resilience to uncover customer needs
- Sound Knowledge of internal bank procedures
- Relevant academic and work experience
- To aggressively assist in the achievement of the value center sales targets through planning and executing successful sales activities
- To provide constant quality service and at the same time work within the framework of the laid operational procedures
- To constantly upgrade skills and knowledge with a view to achieving a high degree of professionalism in order to withstand challenges arising from a rapidly changing business environment.
Qualifications & Skills
- The role holder is required to have the following skill:
- Customer Relationship Management (Advanced)
- Data Conversion & Reporting (Core)
- Credit Risk Analysis (Core)
- Legal & Regulatory Knowledge (Core)
- Market / Competitor Knowledge (Core)
- Product knowledge (Core)
- Risk Management (Core)
- Needs profiling & analysis (Core)
- Negotiation & Objection Handling (Core)
- Needs Based / Consultative Sales Skills (Core)
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of a 2nd Class degree in a relevant course.
- 3-5 years sales experience in a similar role
- Strong sales and relationship management skills
- Good Communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Role holder is expected to have some knowledge and experience in offering a range of products to meet customers’ needs but is unlikely to have the full knowledge and experience to offer all Consumer banking products
- Customer Relationship Management (Expert)
- Market / Competitor Knowledge (Advanced)
- Product knowledge (Advanced)
- Needs profiling & analysis (Advanced)
- Negotiation & Objection Handling (Advanced)
- Needs Based / Consultative Sales Skills (Advanced)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.