Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development. The company made history on August 5, 2001 by becoming the first telecoms operator to launch commercial GSM services in Nigeria and has scored a series of many "firsts" in the highly competitive Nigerian telecommunications market including the first to introduce toll-free 24-hour customer care; first to launch service in all the six geo-political zones in the country; first to introduce affordable recharge denominations; first to introduce monthly free SMS and first to introduce monthly airtime bonus.
A truly innovative company, Airtel has showed resilience, charting new paths in meeting the demands and needs of its esteemed stakeholders and enhancing distribution as well as providing affordable services to empower more nigerians.
In Nigeria, Airtel is working tirelessly to live up to an ambitious vision of being the most loved brand in the daily lives of Nigerians as it offers a superior brand experience and a portfolio of innovative products & services ranging from exciting voice solutions to inventive data packages and mobile broadband.
Manage Site Implementation Work:
- Provide daily site level reporting of status and challenges on 2G Project.
- Conduct Technical Site Survey and Audit on planned 2G sites
- Supervise ASPs and SBC of Ericsson and Huawei respectively
- Analyze situations and instruct Field team of MC Partners
- Execute minor connections and terminations to achieve milestone
- Cross connect transmission, integrate and commission 2G sites
- Site cleaning before ASP and SBC demobilizes from the site
- Conduct Acceptance Test Procedure (ATP) on BTS, and Transmission Links
Partner Relationship & Performance Management:
- Monitor Field Teams of Ericsson and Huawei within the region of coverage.
- Ensure site of 2G sites are integrated on the planned dates
- Ensure Transmission for Radio Access Network is completed on due dates.
- Ensure that optimization activities are executed within target dates
- Ensure site handover from MC team to MS team
Management of Asset Tracking and Customs & Transit Logistics:
- Ensure Material movement from warehouse to site
- Align Warehouse teams and ASP / SBC to receive materials on site
- Audit materials to avoid damages and missing items
- Provide weekly update of materials received on site for CWIP reconciliation
Desired Skills and Experience
- B.Eng./B.Sc./HND in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Physics with Electronics
- Certifications in Project Management (added advantage)
- Certifications in IT and Telecoms (added advantage)
- Five (5) years in Mobile Telecoms Network – conversant with Huawei and Ericsson equipment.
- Three (3) years in Transmission Network and Elements management.
- Two (2) years in supervisory role in GSM Network organization.
- Microsoft Office applications for record and reporting.
- Use of MapInfo and/or Pathloss for Network Design Interpretation.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale