- Study at London’s Top University - MDX. Tuition from just $5000 and 4 campuses. Learn more
Latest Vacancies at Africa Youth Growth Foundation
Posted on: 8 July, 2019
Deadline: 12 July, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Africa Youth Growth Foundation
Africa Youth Growth Foundation is a regional Non-Governmental Organization in Abuja for youth growth, development and empowerment, with a mission of building an African society through constructive engagement with stakeholders expand opportunities for self-development and realization among the youth.
- Communications Officers write and distribute content to promote an organization's brand, activities.
- They act as a liaison between the organization, the public, and the media to ensure that the brand remains top of mind.
- The communications officer will support our internal and external communications strategy, write and disseminate publicity material, respond to inquiries from the public and media, and coordinate promotional events, the communication officer should be able to think creatively and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, in addition, the officer is expected to have social media skill,
- He/she will be responsible for creating original text and video content, managing posts and responding to follower, manage our Organization’s image in a cohesive way to achieve our visibility goals, be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends, have excellent communication skills and be able to express our organization’s views creatively.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on our target audience.
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the organization's activities, products and/or services.
- Respond to media inquiries, arrange interviews, and act as a spokesperson for the organization.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists, and maintain a media database.
- Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the brand, and coordinate publicity events as required.
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics.
- Proficiency in design and publishing software.
- Manage conflict as it arises and escalate to management.
- Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences.
- Design and implement social media strategy to align with business goals
- Set specific objectives.
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news).
- Monitor SEO and web traffic metrics.
- Collaborate with program and communication team to ensure organizational visibility in public eye.
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor people’s reviews.
- Oversee social media accounts’ design (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures and blog layout).
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, BSc in Marketing or relevant field.
- Minimum of 2 - 5 years' relevant experience in a communications role.
- Knowledge of desktop publishing software (In Design/Photoshop).
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems, and social media platforms.
- Proven work experience as a Social media manager with the NGO sector
- Hands on experience in content management
- Excellent copy writing skills
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)
- Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
- Knowledge of online marketing channels
- Familiarity with web design
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical and multitasking skills.
go to method of application »
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job Field
- We are looking for a responsible and diligent driver to work with in our organization, to transport staff in a comfortable, safe and timely manner to various meeting and other engagements during official hours.
- To be considered for this role, you should have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record with no traffic violations.
- Map out driving routes ahead of time to determine the most expedient trip
- Listen to traffic and weather reports to stay up-to-date on road conditions
- Adjust the route to avoid heavy traffic or road constructions, as needed
- Ensure the car seats are clean and comfortable for all riders
- Schedule regular car service appointments and report any issues
- Book car wash and detailing services to maintain interior and exterior cleanliness of the car
- Proven experience as a Driver
- A valid driver’s license
- A clean driving record
- Familiarity with GPS devices
- Knowledge of area roads and neighborhoods
- A polite and professional disposition
- Ability to remain calm in stressful driving situations (e.g. at rush hour)
- A High School Diploma
- Age limit 30, 35 and 40 years.
go to method of application »
Location: Abuja (alongside travels)
Project Title: Extension of Labour Inspection Activity and Labour Law Enforcement to Sectors and Workplaces where Migrant Workers may be Present
Duration of Employment: Six Months
Working Nature: Full-time assignment
Working Hours: 40 hours a week (08:00-17:00; 12:00-13:00 lunch time)
- The Program Officer is responsible to work as Lead for the overall management and implementation of project activities and will support the Project Manager for implementing overall activities and synergizing the roles of the other respective project offices in an efficient way
- The primary responsibility of this portfolio is ensuring organizational effectiveness by providing leadership for program.
- Responsible to support to initiate, effect and coordinate implementation of all project activities in coordination with all relevant stakeholders.
- Prepare a detailed project implementation plan and coordinate the Implementation of the allocated activities and roles across the project offices.
- Prepare a detailed field trip plan, activity guideline (working with the Project Consultant) and/or field visit report and execute field trips to ensure timely completion of quality data collection and implementation of project objectives.
- Coordinate with project team members to ensure timely planning & implementation of activities, disbursement of resources, supervision & monitoring, logistics availability etc.
- Track progress and prepare monthly progress reports as well as statutory interim reports (Narrative and Financial) in coordination with relevant project staff.
- Responsible for the proper documentation and reporting of all activities with sufficient proof and evidence documents including any other relevant issues during execution of activities.
- Ensure regular communication and coordination with all project stakeholders and maintain clear communication with the Project Manager and other project offices about the implementation and progress of the activities.
- Perform any other duties as required or requested by Project Manager.
- A Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in Social Sciences or related field
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience within the NGO sector
- Proven experience in program management
- Proven stakeholder management skills
- Proven experience managing team
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks
- Competency in Microsoft word applications including Word, Excel and Power point
- Solid understanding of project management.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV and recent passport photograph to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the "Job Title" as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only applicants with the required skills and experience will be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Africa Youth Growth FoundationSimilar Jobs
- Latest Jobs at Palladium Group
- Latest Jobs at Solidarites International (SI)
- Supply of Diesel (AGO) at PACT Nigeria
- Consultant, SMART Survey at FHI 360
- DevOps Engineer at One Acre Fund
- Senior Organizational Development Officer at the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC)
- DDG Head of Programmes at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Latest Recruitment at Society for Family Health (SFH)