Legal Officer at BitPesa
Posted on: 24 June, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at BitPesa
BitPesa is a pan-African platform redefining how businesses make payments to and from sub-Saharan Africa. Focused on using cutting-edge blockchain technology to increase efficiency across markets, BitPesa opens corridors for business payments and trade between Africa and the rest of the world.
Function: Legal & Compliance
- As the Legal Officer, you will assist the Senior Legal Counsel in ensuring that effective legal support is provided to commercial teams, to propose and implement improvements to current legal processes and to assist the Senior Legal Counsel where needed.
- We are looking for someone who is pragmatic, energetic and passionate. Someone who can operate with a high sense of urgency and accuracy.
- Supporting operational teams with legal advice on contracts and service agreements), framework agreements and related agreements having a particular focus Finance & Payments;
- Administration of due diligence activities and review of associated documentation (both regulatory and legal in nature) in line with internal processes and requirements;
- Provision of legal support in a range of other legal matters including company secretarial, data protection and IT;
- Participating in corporate project work and providing as hoc company/commercial legal advice;
- Identifying, monitoring and managing legal risks affecting the group’s businesses and advising on the impact of those risks and measures to mitigate them;
- Supporting the management of legal priorities and objectives within the business;
- Building relationships with commercial colleagues and embedding awareness of legal risk management and corporate policy issues;
- Developing legal precedents in line with legal, regulatory and corporate environment.
- Undertake all activities in accordance with applicable group policies and procedures so as to ensure that the interests of the Group and individual corporate entities are protected at all times.
- Ensue that legal and commercial risks are identified and minimized through effective communication with applicable stakeholders as well as provide relevant support to functional departments and, when necessary Executive Committee.
- Carry out any other duties within the competence of the role holder, as requested (including additional working hours as and when required).
- Travel when required in line with business needs.
- Keep up to date with industry changes, procedures and requirements relating to job role.
- 3 to 5 years’ Law practice experience
- Demonstrated experience working in a Corporate Environment.
- Prompt & Effective communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Organized, strong attention to detail, and process-oriented
- Energetic and flexible
- Reliable, independent, and able to juggle multiple tasks effectively
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Proficient with Microsoft office tools
- Proficient with Gmail, Google Docs, and Google Calendar
- This position has a competitive salary
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to BitPesa career website on bitpesa.workable.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about BitPesaSimilar Jobs
- Executive Assistant to CEO at a Payment Solutions Company - Aldelia Group
- Offline Sales Agent at Hostit.ng
- Photographer at Carlcare Development Nigeria Limited
- Solution Architect at Huawei Technologies Company Nigeria Limited
- Field Sales Representatives at Ngcom Network Solutions
- Wordpress Developer at IPI Solutions Nigeria Limited
- Executive Driver at Technology Distributions Limited (TD)
- Finance Officer - Receivables at MainOne Cable Nigeria