Dizengoff W A (Nigeria) limited is a highly respected multi divisional company established for almost 60 years in Nigeria, and is a subsidiary of a $multi-million UK Group operating across Europe, the Middle East & Africa. The Company enjoys, and passionately retains, an outstanding and uncompromising reputation for reliability and integrity towards its customers, suppliers, financial institutions, statutory agencies, shareholders and employees. It competes in both the public and private sectors at both national and state levels primarily in the provision of complex end-to-end solutions, products and services, in partnership with world class OEMs, to the oil & gas, agriculture, telecommunications, financial services and blue chip sector as well as to state and federal government clients nationwide. It's portfolio of brands includes Massey Ferguson tractors, Zimmatic and Netafim Irrigation systems, Baldan Agro Implements, Jacto, its own brand of turnkey greenhouse solutions, Motorola Communications Solutions, RAD, PaloAlto Networks and Pelco CCTV Surveillance equipment.
Following the retirement of the previous incumbent the Company is now seeking to recruit an IPM qualified, experienced, well presented, highly self-motivated, proven Marketing Communications Officer, possessing relevant marcomms, PR, exhibition and event management and campaign experience gained within a well-known respected multinational enterprise. Given our employees ultimately determinethe success of our enterprise this is an important position necessary for the Company to achieve its aspirations to profitably grow its portfolio of businesses.
The MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER will have the responsibility of for the planning, administration, implementation and coordination of all marketing communications strategies and campaigns across a wide portfolio of well-known global brands across Nigeria. The position is based in Lagos and shall include periodic travel throughout the country to support our Sales & Service branch offices.
The responsibilities for this position shall include but is not limited to the following:
- Ensure timely design, updating, and effective implementation of the Company's brand and corporate marketing programmes, events and campaigns.
- Liaise closely with individual Division Heads and the Africa Regional Business Development & Marketing Communications Head to agree priorities, budgets and timetables.
- Ensure proper implementation and administration of all local campaigns within their individual budgetary parameters and timetables.
- Systematic monitoring of all campaigns & events via chairing of the Monthly Marketing Communications Meetings held with each Divisional Head.
- Within 6 months of Job Commencement the incoming MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER shall be capable to design, establish and implement a new Companywide Marketing Communications POLICY & PROCEDURES MANUAl.
- Fully maintain FILES for each BRAND CAMPAIGN on a timely and accurate up-to-date basis.
- Develop and maintain an up to date COMPETITOR DATABASE for each CORE BRAND
- Prepare and submit the Monthly Marketing Communications & Events Report including all expenditures, etc.
- Support DIVISION HEADS and DEPARTMENT MANAGERS on all MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS, PR & EVENTS matters and issues in their unit or department in order they can successfully torus fully upon their individual primary purpose and goals.
- Relevant University Degree from a recognised Higher Institution shall be mandatory
- Membership of the Nigerian Chartered institute of Marketing
- Membership of similar international bodies shall be an added advantage.
- A recognised Marketing Qualification and or MBA, while not essential, shall be of considerable advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years' relevant experience with practical knowledge in Operations Management within a respected commercial enterprise of at least 50 employees shall be mandatory.
- In addition demonstrable job stability and a progressive career record will be viewed as a credible attribute in applicants.
- Demonstrable ability to rapidly solve complex issues, sometimes under considerable pressures, often within tight deadlines and financial constraints, is a mandatory requirement necessary to succeed In this highly demanding role.
- Excellent communication foral & written). presentation and interpersonal skills, with added proficiency in MS Office applications, including MS Project & MS Access, shall be essential.
- Applicants possessing an appreciation of pragmatic commercial enterprise operations, challenges and conflicts of priorities shall be an advantage.
- Candidates demonstrating proven abilities to take initiative shall be highly desirable, as will be an appreciation that modern commercial organisations now need a balance of structure and flexibility in order to successfully compete in an ever changing, rapidly paced, competitive environment will be of considerable advantage.
- Specific category knowledge in commercial enterprises serving agricultural. oil & gas, telecommunication, manufacturing and or finaccial services sectors will be of considerable advantage.
- A proven team player with effective leadership and conflict management skilts is essent. "
- Given the importance of this position a rigorous selection process is being adopted.
- The Company operate strict non discrimatory recruitment policies covering gender, age, religion, tribe and towards the disabled and recruits solely on the basis of merit, ability and qualifications
Method of Application
All applicants are encouraged to study carefully the requirements of the role given it is in the mutual interest of the appointee and the Company that the best match be achieved. Speculative, superficial and or incomplete applications will be immediately rejected. The Company reserves the right to contact only applicants selected for interview.
All Applications should be sent no later than 7 days from the date of this publication to email@example.com with the candidate name, job title and code (MCO) stated in the subject line of the email. Each application must include the Applicant's detailed resume, with copies of Qualifications and Professional Accreditations attached, plus full contact details including e-mail address and GSM number, and a list of a minimum of 3 referees, along with a comprehensive cover letter indicating in full your current annual remuneration and benefits, and your personal career aspirations. The ideal applicant will be able to describe in detail the value that they are confident they can bring to the Company.