General Manager in a Leading Newspaper Company
Posted on: 9 June, 2014
Deadline: 20 June, 2014
View Jobs in Media / Radio / TV
View Jobs posted same day
We are one of the leading Newspaper Publishing Companies, with Head-Office at the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja and are seeking to engage the services of talented and goal driven individual to fill this position:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership to all employees within the Regional and States Offices and ensures that all facilities and environment of work are at their optimum utility and efficiency.
- Responsible for planning, assigning and directing work as well as appraising performances of staff directly under their supervision and also assisting Heads of Strategic Business Units of the Head Office in applicable areas of performances appraisal of their staff
- Responsible for providing strategic and operational planning input for the regional operations and report progress and results to Executive Management.
- Lead in the areas of overseeing new Business development and develop strategies to meet business goals within the Region/States.
- Participate in the preparation of the Regional office Budget and will be responsible for its success or failure.
- Ensure the safety of the company's production inputs as well as all physical and human assets in the regional office.
- Preside over weekly and Ad-hoc meetings of Head of the Strategic Busine€s Unit (SBU's) of the regional office,
- The person should be prepared to meet up with revenue targets in the areas of Special projects, Advertisement, Commercial printing and Newspaper Sales.
- Prepare and send weekly and monthly reports to the Managing Director/COO.
Qualification and Experience
- A degree in Business, Management or any relevant discipline.
- A Master's degree particularly an MBA will be an added advantage;
- Minimum of 15 years cognate experience with at least 5 years at Senior Management level in a large/multinational operational environment or experience in consulting, banking/finance, investment or in the print media.
- Membership of relevant professional bodies is important.
- Should have or cultivate a combination of consumer and business insight experience, coupled with brand strategy expertise on major brands in the industry.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Curriculum Vitae/Resume indicating the position as the subject of the mail to: email@example.com
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Content Writers at Iconway Media Limited
- Graphic Designer at Monkey Media Limited
- Sales Manager at the Mobi Hunter
- Account Manager - Sales / Mobile Audio Advertising at AdVoice Nigeria
- Nigerian NewsDirect Newspaper Fresh Job Recruitment
- Language Internship - Editor Igbo Dictionary at bab.la
- General Manager at TMKG Consulting
- Office Assistant/Admin at MediaVision Limited