MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
MTN Nigeria is recruiting to fill the below position:
• Ensure Transfer Pricing documentation and compliance.
• Deal with tax issues relating to related party transactions, international / cross border transactions
• Identify tax risk factors and effectively manage, monitor and report those risks in line with MTNN Tax Risk Strategy.
• Advise on tax impact of business transactions and strategy
• Finalise the review and tax impact evaluation of IFRS adjustment as they relate to the financials
• Inform or educate other divisions on tax related issues through strategy documents, PPP, and Capacity building Workshops
• Proactively advise the business on recent tax laws and impact on the business operations
• Maintain systems and strategies to ensure updated PPPs for CIT, PAYE, CGT and VAT. This will include normal CIT, VAT on normal Operations, VAT on imported services, VAT on Assets disposed, PAYE compliance, WHT on receivables and reimbursable expenses.
• Deal with external tax queries from MTN Group.
• Review contracts and agreements for tax compliance including Employment Contract for Nonresidents and National Quota
• Coordinate Tax audit for FIRS and SBIRs
• Coordinate tax operations of XS Broadband, MTNNF and other MTNN subsidiary.
Indirect Tax Administration, Reporting and Compliance
1. Filing tax returns and Remittance of;
– VAT on Normal Operations,
– VAT on Foreign Services
– VAT on Proceeds from disposal of fixed assets
– WHT on Local and Foreign Transactions
– WHT Management ( Receivables and Payables credit notes)
2. Response to transactional tax queries and tax issues raised by departments within the business.
3. Deal with external tax queries from FIRS, SBIRs and Vendors.
4. Annual review of PAYE Tax Computation before return is filed by the salaries Unit
• Normal MTNN working conditions
• May be required to work extended hours
• Occasional travelling may be required
8 years’ work experience including:
• 6 years comprehensive experience in tax administration
• 2 years in a supervisory/ Managerial capacity
• Experience in tax audits
• International Accounting Standards
• Contemporary Tax Legislation (Local & Global)
• Emerging tax laws
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.