- Study at London’s Top University - MDX. Tuition from just $5000 and 4 campuses. Learn more
Experienced Female Toddler Teacher at Millie's International School
Posted on: 17 May, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Education / Teaching
View All Jobs at Millie's International School
Millie's International School is looking to fill the role below
As a Toddler Teacher you will be required to work with children between the ages of 15 months – 2 years and 9 months.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- A degree in Early Childhood Education as well as experience in play based teaching
- Minimum 4 years verifiable work experience with this age group
- You should be enthusiastic and confident in your abilities to engage children and extend their learning through play, enabling their emotional, social and educational development.
- To complement your qualification and experience, you will come with patience, a good sense of humour and great stamina to keep up with the needs and energy of a large group of young, lively toddlers
- Creative skills such as music, dance, drama, arts and crafts are a must
- You must have excellent English Language skills (clear written and spoken) along with good reading, writing and numeracy skills
- Good level of computer literacy is a must
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will be expected to create and implement age and developmentally appropriate lessons for the children; helping them acquire basic skills and knowledge based on the goals and general curriculum of our school
- Ensuring that child care routines are carried out in a manner that is prompt, hygienic, and consistent with child development principles. This includes routines related to diapering, hand washing, eating, napping and transitioning between activities.
- Providing experiences that promote individual expression through conversation, play and creativity guiding toddlers in a nurturing environment to learn language, gain autonomy, interact socially, and enjoy physical activities
- Initiating classroom activities daily (sing-a-longs, storytelling, book reading, art and craft projects, sensory exploration, outdoor stimulation etc.)
- Displaying children’s creative art work on bulletin board, changing monthly (when age appropriate) as well as creating own classroom wall displays to ensure
- Maintaining daily record of activities, behaviours, meals and naps and ensuring parents receive adequate information about their child's experiences in the school through daily contact book entries
- Conducting observations and assessment of children's developmental skills in order to complete developmental checklists bi-annually
- Creating an open, friendly, and cooperative atmosphere in which children and families feel comfortable and secure
- Working with parents on action plans for potty training the children
- Using equipment and supplies safely and conscientiously, keeping physical environment clean and orderly at all times
- Inspecting the school site and equipment for potential safety hazards; taking corrective action or informing management to prevent injuries.
Method of Application
DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS ADVERT IF YOU DO NOT MEET THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS.
Interested candidates MUST demonstrate early childhood training and experience on their CV and cover letter.
CV AND COVER LETTER TO:
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Millie's International SchoolSimilar Jobs
- Literature-In-English Teacher at S-TEE Schools
- Grade 2 Teachers at BridgeHall Academy
- Fresh Vacancies at Cherryfield College
- Front Desk Officer at Brainy Educare Services
- Chief Security Officer at Niger Delta University
- Head of School at Silverwood School, Maryland
- State Co-ordinator - Membership & Programmes at Doviana Institute of Entrepreneurship & Technology
- Female Early Years Educators at Millie's International School