Site Engineer at Bradfield Consulting Limited
Posted on: 15 May, 2019
Deadline: 29 May, 2019
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Bradfield Consulting
Bradfield Consulting Limited - Our client is a fully registered private limited liability company with several subsidiaries in building, warehousing, letting, sales, and development of estates, construction, property investment, maintenance, and cold storage.
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Job Type: Contract
- Managing parts of construction projects.
- Day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labour force and the work of any subcontractors.
- Setting out, leveling, surveying the site and organizing facilities.
- Checking plans, drawings, and quantities for accuracy of calculations.
- Supervising contracted staff.
- Ensuring projects meet agreed specifications, budgets or timescales.
- Liaising and communicating with clients, subcontractors and other professional staff, especially quantity surveyors and the overall project manager; regularly providing progress report.
- Acting as the main technical adviser on a construction site for subcontractors, crafts people and operatives.
- Preparing site reports and filling in other paperwork.
- Liaising with quantity surveyors about the ordering and negotiating the price of materials, making cost-effective solutions and proposals for the intended project.
- Ensuring that health and safety and sustainability policies and legislation are adhered to.
- Ensuring that all materials used and work performed are as per specifications.
- Overseeing the selection and requisition of materials and plant.
- Managing, monitoring and interpreting the contract design documents supplied by the client or architect.
- Liaising with the local authority (where appropriate to the project) to ensure compliance with local construction regulations and by-laws.
- Planning the work and efficiently organizing the plant and site facilities in order to meet set deadlines.
- Resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil, Structural, Geotechnical, Construction, Mechanical, Electrical or Building Engineering/Technology.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in construction and site engineering.
- Must be COREN certified.
Skills and Competences:
- Commercial awareness - an understanding of how your actions can affect the profitability of a project.
- Communication skills; written and verbal,
- Technical and excellent IT skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Project management skills.
- Organization skills and a methodical approach to work.
- Negotiation skills.
- Strong team working skills.
- Knowledge of relevant building and health and safety legislation.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Bradfield Consulting career website on jobs.smartrecruiters.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Bradfield ConsultingSimilar Jobs
- Latest Jobs at Ascentech Services Limited
- Fresh Jobs at Proten International
- Chief Operating Officer at PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC)
- Financial Accountant at WFO Roedl & Partner
- Job Vacancies at Deloitte Nigeria
- Sales Officer - Wireless at Lorache Group
- Electrical Engineer at the Workplace Centre Limited
- Latest Jobs at Nextzon Business Services Limited