PAS Solar Limited is a solar energy company providing Electricity to Off-Grid customers for an affordable monthly fee.
Location: Asaba, Delta
Report to: Country Manager
Support: Country Manager/Regional Shops/Repair & Logistics Manager/Customer Care
- As a Retail Area Manager, you have an opportunity to challenge yourself and help others achieve their maximum sales potentials.
- You will lead a Statewide team comprising a Retail Sales Supervisor, and Shop Manager.
- You will develop and implement a statewide sales strategy for the assigned region that yields a sustainable competitive advantage that translates into continued growth and profitability that is consistent with the division’s strategic sales plan.
- You are expected to have a thorough knowledge of the region, about our products, services and capabilities.
- You are expected to carry out a coordinated sales and strategic effort within the region to effectively serve our customers.
- The incumbent is expected to represent PAS SOLAR’s brand as such you embodied our image.
- You are expected to provide leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values.
Essential Competencies, Duties and Responsibilities (Including but not limited to)
Delivers Business Results:
- Coordinate Statewide sales activities and ensure synergy with other activities within and outside the State
- Provide strategic leadership in implementing the overall States sales strategy, policies and procedures.
- Review sales operations process in your State ensuring objectives are accomplished, providing input into sales forecasting and ensuring optimum service levels are achieved and maintain.
- Implementing sales strategy for the region that is consistent with the division’s overall sales strategy, policies, procedures and objectives.
- Drive revenue growth in your State through effective and strategic engagement while minimizing losses.
- Provide effective leadership to motivate retail outlets, Retail Sales Supervisor and sales agents on result-oriented performance measures.
- Coordinate with Regional Manager to develop strategic sales plan for the State that yields sustainable competitive advantage translating into growth profits.
- Maintain aware and provide oversight on sales, customer related issues and willingness to intervene when necessary to delivery effective sales result.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with customers while gaining an understanding of our clients’ needs, businesses and network.
- Self-driven with effective ability to play a lead role in developing and maintaining relationships with major customers.
- Ability to create a positive, innovative atmosphere and motivational environment that encourages the sales team to commit themselves to the tasks at hand and when necessary to go beyond what is expected of the team.
- Strategic planning that determines optimum employee staffing levels and resources needed to meet customers’ needs and sales targets.
- Establishes sales objectives by creating a sales plan and quota for districts in support of national/regional objectives.
- Regional Manager will work closely with the Country Manager to develop business plans and expansion strategies to drive the business forward.
- Reporting on the performance of the retail network to the Country Manager and the Senior Executive management team.
People & Performance Management:
- Train, motivate, monitor, and evaluate staff and take correction as necessary to correct performance issues.
- Meets regional sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Coach and train the team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets/requirements and regularly review their training needs.
- Team effectiveness, participation in continuous improvement initiatives to elevate team’s personal performance of assigned staff.
- You are expected to coordinate with the Regional Manager and other internal stakeholders to direct, motivate, evaluate and rewards the States sales team that meets their sales objectives.
- Leading a team is a second nature: You have had a lot of professional experience leading a team.
- Managing conflicts and people is something you love! You achieve success through others, can manage the activities of others to guide them to a common goal, without necessarily doing everything yourself.
- Ensure an effective response to the needs of external and internal customers.
- You will manage and lead the regional team towards Sales, installations, repossessions of equipment, marketing activities and Inventory management within the region.
- Ability to maintain a high-level customer service culture reinforced by service results.
- Strong commitment to delivering customer experience: Going the extra mile for the customer is natural for you.
Key Performance Attributes:
- Excellent verbal communication, listening and phone skills.
- Good motivational skills and enthusiasm.
- Experience in project management.
- You have strong business sense.
- You are a strong communicator.
- You love challenges, you are driven to reach target.
- Independent thinker.
- Leading a team is a second nature.
- Proven competence in managing diverse teams in regions.
- Evidence of verifiable achievement in meeting sales targets and KPI’s.
- 2-4 years of cognate experience with a minimum of 4 -5 years in Mid-Level Management, Strong Sales background and/or Territory Sales experience. Experience as an Area Manager is advantage.
- Candidate must be fluent in English and Hausa (Written & Oral) based on assigned region.
- Bachelor's degree, MBA in Business, Management, Humanities or Sales & Marketing
- Professional Membership (Management, Marketing, etc.)
- Working knowledge of computer systems (MS Office, Web understanding)
- Ability to visits regional shops locations and engage in sales planning and promotions.
- Ability to operate office computer and other equipment.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter detailing why they should be given the role and the latest copy of their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using ‘Retail Area Manager’ in the email subject header.
Note: The above Job description may be subject to change without notice.