Job Number: 1326857
Business GE Energy
Business Segment: Energy - Oil & Gas
Location: Port Harcourt, Nigeria
About Us: GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas. GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide (www.ge.com)
In an effort to help Nigeria meet its growing demand for electricity, GE has supplied over 100 gas turbines to the country. From our custom solutions in the oil & gas, energy and healthcare industries to our local inspection and servicing facilities, GE has fostered growing relationships with both the government and private business sectors, helping the country reach its potential. (www.ge.com/ng)
Posted Position Title: Lead Field Area Manager
Career Level: Experienced
Function Segment: Field Services
City: Port Harcourt
Postal Code: 0
Relocation Assistance No
Role Summary/Purpose: The Field Area Manager is responsible for defined work or projects with moderate complexity. In this role you will follow an individual work plan, meet day-to-day short-term objectives, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
Essential Responsibilities Provide field coordination and field service project management for GE Oil & Gas site activities in areas of compressors, gas turbines, multi-stage pumps, steam turbines, turbo-expanders, and reciprocating compressors for Angola including but not limited to the following:
* Management and ownership all field service activities for assigned projects including meeting all contractual requirements, scope of supply, quality, customer communication, visas / work permits, travel needs, scope execution, technical issue resolution, adjacent business / parts needs, and demobilization.
* Translation of customer needs / requirements into project plans to meet Customer requirements.
* Coordination for resolution of all NCM / CCM for assigned projects.
* Ensure quality control - coordinate disposition of all non-conformances.
* 3rd party vendor coordination and POR issuance requests.
* Estimation and management of project cost for CS project.
* Follow up of final report, project invoicing documentation, and COD certificate issueing.
* Input to company quality and standardization initiatives in order to improve project management and site activities execution processes
* 3 - 5+ years related work experience in Oil & Gas industry maintenance or installation field activities or similar years’ experience in project execution.
* Professional Mechanical Engineer or equivalent mechanical technical experience.
* Familiarity with Control systems, Gas Turbine, Steam Turbine, Centrifugal Compressor and other rotating equipment.
* Strong team leadership, team building and facilitation skills.
* Good knowledge of English language
* Strong analytic and problem solving skills
* Communication and reporting capabilities.
* Computer skills and MS Office proficiency.
* Project management and team organization experience
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong influencing and inclusiveness skills
* 6 sigma certification (Green Belt)
Method of Application