Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, private, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian organization. Our organization offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters, to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. We have been working in Nigeria since February 1996. A Memorandum of Understanding between Medecins Sans Frontieres and the Federal Government of Nigeria facilitates this. We are at present co-operating with the Federal Ministry of Health, State and Local Government departments of health on various health projects.
Duty Station - MSF OCA, (NERU) - SOKOTO
Main objective and responsibility of the position
Supervise the daily logistics activities and provide maintenance to the MSF equipments, facilities and infrastructures, according to MSF protocols in order to maintain the facilities in perfect conditions and collaborate in the development of the mission
Description of the responsibilities/activities
- Monitor maintenance activities of infrastructures, management of non-medical stocks and equipment according to MSF standards.
- Ensure the check and follow-up of facilities under the line manager supervision.
- Carrying out daily visits to the facilities, reporting any anomalies or problems to the line manager and offer solutions
- Evaluating rehabilitation needs and following up minor building rehabilitation work in accordance with instructions given by his supervisor, and accounting to him/her on progress
- Checking that premises observe safety norms for electrical, fire and ground/ work layout hazards.
- Planning together with the line manager and the Mission electrician required checks and maintenance activities of energy systems/set-up according to MSF standards
- Insure the implementation of the Transport/ Fleet and Communication policies
- Monitoring the maintenance of all equipment (energy, watsan, comms, biomed, etc..)
- Coordinate, manage, train and coach the logistics team under his/her responsibility on all Logistic families and specific activities
- Defining each person’s tasks, supervising them on a daily basis and checking the quality of their work performance (punctuality, rigour, completion of tasks in a satisfactory way, etc.)
- Drawing up working schedules for logistics teams for each department and/ or outreach site
- Organising and leading meetings of the team under his supervision on specific goals
- Participating in the recruitment of personnel for his team and daily workers when applicable
- Attending project meetings and accounting for Log activities and get feedback on medical and operational needs
Ensure vehicle fleet maintenance:
- Planning and overseeing timely preventative and curative maintenance of all project vehicles according to MSF standards
- Instructing and monitoring drivers on correct driving habits and standard checks
- Insure daily and weekly checks are performed and followed up
- Follow up on vehicle inventories
Manage and follow up orders:
- Collect logistics orders coming from different departments, outreach sites or health facilities
- Be a focal person for all medical and non-medical stock requests management on Logistix 7/ Unifield and ensure delivery of supplies to the requesting department or outreach site in time with necessary documentation
- Draw up and follow up orders according to the procedures
- Update MSR/ LSR/ SMS and 3A assets inventory on monthly basis
- Provide technical support to the storekeepers during 4M, 8M and 12M inventories, storage strategies and report on discrepancies in stock reports
- Make local purchases according to MSF supply procedures during interventions
- Ensure reception conditions of freight or arriving material as well as the organization and setting up of material before its shipment.
- Education Essential Secondary Education and formal technical training.
- Experience At least one year in MSF or 2 years in a similar post out of MSF
- Languages English language essential (spoken and written). Any Nigerian local language: Hausa desirable.
- Knowledge Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
- Competencies Basic knowledge in IT, Communication, Transport/ Fleet management, Construction, Energy, Cold chain,Supply and Management. Having a security awareness.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below