Store Manager at Solidarites International (SI)
Posted on: 17 April, 2019
Deadline: 26 April, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Solidarites International
Solidarites International (SI) is a French humanitarian organisation operating for over 35 years who is committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: water, food and shelter.
SI has started activities in North-eastern Nigeria in August 2016 in the fields of Wash and is now intervening in 4 areas of the state for Wash and Shelter activities.
Location: Monguno, Borno
Beginning of contract: ASAP
Contract duration: 3 months (with possibility of extension)
Probation period: 1 month
Delocalized status and related benefits: Applicable
- The store manager supervises the arrival, storage, security and shipping of food or non food items, goods, tools and materials used by Solidarités International or under the responsibility of Solidarités International.
- He/she is in charge of issuing and monitoring all of the administrative documents linked to the stored goods.
- In particular, he/she will supervise the store keepers, watchmen and other support staff in his/her assigned warehouse.
Maintenance of buildings, storage spaces and stocked materials:
- Monitor the warehouse’s interior and exterior installations and infrastructures. Spot damage and propose the necessary repairs.
- Make sure that warehouse fencing, lights, gates and all passive security of the warehouse compound are maintained and are well secured.
- Ensure the respect of the security rules for all staff under his responsibility.
- Ensure the reception and the storage for goods and materials belong to SI or other SI partners who have already signed the MoU and report to his/her line manager for any delivery requests or loading requests from different partners.
- Ensure the management of cargo movement in link with his line manager regularly checks the quality and quantity of goods, food items and non-food items store in the warehouse.
- Ensure the well-functioning of all the lights, drainages fire alerts and electricity of the warehouse compound.
- Draw up warehouse layout plans according to the materials/goods to be stored and program allocation
- Establish staff and equipment forecasts required for loading/unloading
- Forecast the required tools and equipment for the personal and loaders for loading/unloading
- Supervise the day-to-day personnel team involved in warehouse activity
- Write or fill in the shipping or delivery documents in compliance with Solidarités International’s standards
- Manage and Monitor foods, goods, equipment and tools flow within the warehouse.
- Keep the stock forms and reports updated and regularly report to his/her line manager.
- Supervise the store keepers and make sure that all the SI standard warehouse management is implemented.
- Alert and notice his/her line manager for any problem linked with the sent/Receive of materials.
- Ensure that all documents (waybills, requests forms, release forms etc) are well filled for each entry.
- Ensure that all the received goods/ equipment are stored in a perfect way, countable and well arranged in each Rub hall to ease and facilitate the physical inventory and loadings.
- Ensure that the list of identified loaders updated and are in place and recruit them while needed.
- With the support of his/her team to do a physical inventory of the warehouse on monthly basis.
- Manage all the warehouse documentations and the archiving according to SI standard.
- Provide trainings to all staff under his/her responsibility.
- Assist his/her line manager for procurements and other logistic contractual documents for the assigned warehouse.
- Provide to his/her line manager all information needed to draft intermediary and final report
- Consolidate all information for the monthly logistic pack
- Ensure the communication of a weekly Sitrep to his/her Log manager
- Ensure the monitoring of all report asked by the Log Sector
- Implement team safety measures as determined by the coordination team
- Train teams in safety rules and procedures
- Pass on any security-related information to his/her line manager
- Training: University degree in Logistics or related fields
- Competency in Excel (data input, basic analysis, etc), Word and Power Point
- Competency in and experience with data collection tools (Kobo)
- Knowledge of project management
- Experience in Logistic management of Warehouse
- Professional experience: 2 years of experience in similar position (NGO/Private or Public sector)
- Languages : fluent in English and Hausa (additional languages a plus)
- Personal qualities: reliable, honest, very good organization, resistance to stress, good interpersonal skills (communication), team player, capacity to delegate and to manage, initiative and autonomy, capacity of prioritsation of tasks
- Ability to interact with the Common Warehouse staff
Salary and conditions
In accordance with SI’s Terms of Employment; for national staff in Nigeria
Method of Application
- The CV attached must be named with your name and surname.
- As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the final date.
Interested and qualified? Go to Solidarites International career website on docs.google.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Solidarites InternationalSimilar Jobs
- Job Opportunities at Action Against Hunger
- Job Opportunities at Palladium Group
- ASI West Africa Limited Security & Operations Manager at Adam Smith International
- Procurement Coordinator at Save the Children Nigeria
- Site Planner at the International Organization for Migration
- Service/Quality Improvement Consultant (NCDs) at Jhpiego Nigeria
- Latest Jobs at Youngstars Foundation
- Latest Jobs at The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)