Proposal Development Lead Writer at Heartland Alliance International (HAI)
Posted on: 17 April, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Heartland Alliance
Heartland Alliance International (HAI) is the global arm of Heartland Alliance for Human Needs & Human Rights, a family of organizations that has been leading anti-poverty and social justice work in Chicago for more than 125 years. HAI implements programs in nearly a dozen countries on a range of global human rights issues, providing mental health and psychosocial services, access to justice for survivors of conflict or abuse, and high-quality stigma-free healthcare.
Req ID: 5934
FT/PT: Full time
Employment Type: Temporary
Salary Schedule: International
Reports to: Country director
Start Date: Imminent
Duration: May 15, 2019
- Heartland Alliance Ltd/Gte seeks candidates for Proposal Development Lead Writer to support the development of a USAID key population project proposal.
- The Proposal Development Lead Writer will work alongside the technical teams to develop a robust proposal to be submitted by May 15, 2019. s/he will be expected to have regular and transparent communication with the team in country and HQ. This position reports directly to the Country Director.
About the Project
- The United States Agency for International Development (USAID/Nigeria) is seeking applications for a cooperative agreement from qualified entities to implement the Key Population Community HIV Services Action and Response (KP-CARE) Activity. HAI plans to bid for the KP CARE 1 and KP CARE 2 proposals in Cross River, Lagos and Akwa Ibom and Adamawa and Bauchi respectively.
- The purpose of these activities are to reduce HIV incidence and mitigate the impact of HIV for key populations (KPs) in Nigeria. This includes providing HIV prevention, care, and treatment services, as well as addressing structural barriers to KPs accessing these services.
- The Activity will address critical gaps and bottlenecks in the response to HIV among KPs by implementing a comprehensive package of services in line with the WHO guidelines. Primary beneficiaries of this activity include:
- People in prisons and closed settings
- Injecting drug users
- Commercial sex workers
- Men who have sex with men
- Transgender people
- HAI has extensive experience in providing these services though the Integrated Most-at-risk Populations HIV Prevention Program (IMHIPP), and the KP-CARE projects provide an opportunity to continue providing and scaling up these services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the technical writing for the USAID call for proposal and HAI’s KP programming for key and marginalized populations.
- Work with the HAI Nigeria and International proposal writing team to develop the technical proposal and submit within the stipulated deadline.
- Ensure the milestones are achieved in due time ahead of the dates.
Qualifications and Experience
- Familiarity with the local context of the project locations
- Trained public health or social work professional with a minimum of ten years of demonstrated experience working with marginalized populations on HIV prevention, treatment, care and support.
- Experience working with female sex workers, injecting drug users, men who have sex with men, incarcerated persons, LGBTI, and other key and vulnerable populations in Nigeria.
- Familiarity with the WHO KP guidelines for KP programming.
- Expertise in research and grant writing.
- Strong English language writing skills are required
- Strong commitment to human rights and gender equity, with cross-cultural experience and cultural sensitivity required
- Review the proposal and develop a framework based on our strengths and weaknesses
- Draft thematic areas for the project
- Draft the framework
- Contribute to decision making in partnership and collaboration
- Write the detailed technical proposal
- Work with Chicago to deliver quality proposal
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Heartland Alliance career website on chu.tbe.taleo.net to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Heartland AllianceSimilar Jobs
- Product Manager at Skoll Foundation
- Fresh Vacancies at Bridges To Goodness Projects
- Job Vacancies at DevTech Systems, Inc.
- Livelihood Officer at Intercommunity Development Social Organization (IDS)
- Country Manager at Coffey International Development
- Consultant at Infed Nigeria Limited
- Latest Jobs at Save the Children
- Technical Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at Restoration of Hope Initiative (ROHI)