Head of Regulatory Reporting at Citibank Nigeria Limited
Posted on: 15 April, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at CITIBANK
Citibank Nigeria Limited, the leading global financial services company, provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services.
Job ID: 19017685
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
- Proactively identify and resolve country finance issues, supporting the financial reporting, control and management of legal vehicles in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Provide support to the Citi Country Finance Officer (CFO) to protect the Franchise and to ensure Citi is appropriately managing Finance related risks as it affects the business activities in the country.
- Ensuring that accounting complies with Corporate and local generally accepted accounting principles and regulatory accounting guidelines
- Responsible for compliance with local tax laws and tax planning where applicable.
- Ensuring compliance with local regulatory and tax reporting requirements.
- Ensuring internal controls are in place and operating effectively.
- Ensuring that appropriate statutory audits and examinations are conducted.
- Ensuring that the tracking of corrective actions for internal, management Risk and Management Control Assessments (“MCA”) and external audits are diligently performed.
- Involvement with major issues in the various businesses that could give rise to the regulatory concerns or franchise risks.
- Advice the CFO and senior management of the financial and regulatory ramifications of any ethical and business practice concerns that arise within the country.
- Responding to internal and external inquiries (including regulatory inquiries) in coordination with Citi corporate offices.
- Lead or participate in any crisis management investigations that may have financial implications.
- Establish and maintain appropriate documentation/controls to ensure the integrity of financial, regulatory and management information.
- Create effective control environment to ensure adherence with all internal and external policies and procedures. Coordinate audits and internal reviews. Establish a process to ensure all necessary reporting functions are operating effectively and efficiently.
- Interact with the various business units within the Bank including coverage teams, products and Risk.
- Ensure that the control environment remains safe and sound by liaising with Operational Risk Management (ORM), Compliance and the Regulatory Reporting Governance Committee (RRGC).
- Act as regulatory liaison by proactively dealing with the requirements of the Central Bank of Nigeria and other regulators.
- Analytical and Financial Skills: applicant must have understanding of the Firm's financials, balance sheet and income statement with ICG Product knowledge, ability to discern key drivers and risk/opportunities.
- Communication skills: will be interacting with the senior management in the franchise, on a variety of internally driven and function driven deliverables.
- Teamwork/Relationship Management: the position requires extensive teamwork, partnership and collaboration across Finance and other functions
- Experience in Citi reporting processes or Product processing group will be an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of banking products and business
- Knowledge of bank systems e.g. Flexcube, Smart, Pearl, etc.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to manage and motivate a team of finance professionals.
- Good teamwork and project management skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite - Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Good Accounting skills
- Financial Modeling and analytical skills
- Minimum of a First Degree in any discipline plus a relevant higher degree or professional qualification
- Minimum of 15 years work experience with 10 years in banking
- Experience in at least three (3) major areas of banking operations.
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
- Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to CITIBANK career website on citi.taleo.net to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about CITIBANKSimilar Jobs
- Job Opportunities at African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
- Team Lead, Commercial Credit at FundQuest Financial Services Limited
- Team Lead, Deposit Mobilization at a Microfinance Bank - Vincintoire Limited
- Job Openings at Nairametrics Financial Advocates Limited
- Full Stack Developer at Nairametrics Financial Advocates Limited
- Job Opportunities at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
- Job Vacancies at Citibank Nigeria Limited
- Divisional Head - Retail at Citygate Global Investment Limited