Registrar at WAEC
Posted on: 2 August, 2011
Deadline: 31 August, 2011
View Jobs in Education / Teaching
View All Jobs at West African Examination Council - WAEC
The West African Examinations Council, a multi-national organization responsible for the conduct of a variety of examinations in Nigeria, Ghana, Sierra Leone, The Gambia and Liberia, hereby invites applications from suitably qualified nationals of the five countries to fill the position of REGISTRAR, which will be vacant with effect from October 1, 2012.
The position of the Registrar is filled by contract appointment for a term of five years renewable for a maximum of two years.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Applicants, who must not exceed 58 years of age on assumption of duty, should be seasoned administrators of unquestionable character. Each applicant must have a good University degree or equivalent academic and/or relevant professional qualification. Possession of Masters Degree in Educational Measurement & Evaluation or Administration will be an added advantage. Each applicant must have had appreciable training and experience in administration, preferably in a similar educational setting, and must have had at least fifteen (15) years post-graduate experience, seven of which must have been in positions of leadership in comparable organizations. Serving officers of the Council who wish to apply must not be below the rank of Deputy Register,
The Registrar is the Chief Executive of the Council. As Secretary to Council and Head of the Secretariat, the Registrar is responsible for the efficient conduct of the Council's operations in the member countries.
The salary for the position is very attractive and compares favourably with those paid to Chief Executives of other inter-governmental organizations in the sub-region. There are several fringe benefits attached to the position, including free accommodation, official chauffeur-driven car, education allowance (for up to a maximum of four children who are in educational institutions), domestic staff and paid annual leave.
The successful applicant will be based at the Council's Headquarters in Accra, Ghana.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applications should be word processed and submitted in 20 copies together with up- to-date curriculum vitae and photocopies of credentials. The curriculum vitae should cover:
(1) Age, marital status, number and ages of children;
(2) Educational qualifications, including names of institutions attended (With dates), degrees, certificates, diplomas obtained;
(3) Working history for the past 15 years, stating names of organizations,
positions held and reasons for leaving;
(4) Academic honours, papers presented and/or published, citations;
(6) Names of THREE referees who must be persons of good standing (not
Applicants should inform their Referees to send their reports direct to the Chairman of Council under"Confidential" cover, not later than August 31,2011.
Each applicant must submit a two-page statement of his/her Vision and Mission for the Council.
All applications should reach the Council on or before August 31,2011 and should be addressed to:-
THE WEST AFRICAN EXAMINATIONS COUNCIL HEADQUARTERS
P. O. BOX GP 125 ACCRA,GHANA
Further information on the position can be obtained on request from the Headquarters and National Offices of the Council.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about West African Examination Council - WAECSimilar Jobs
- Latest Jobs at The American University of Nigeria (AUN)
- Rector at Delta State Polytechnic, Ogwashi-Uku
- Bursar at Oyo State College of Agriculture and Technology
- School Principal at a Leading International Secondary School - Abbey Mortgage Bank Plc
- Administrative Role at Stresert Services Limited
- Job Openings at a Private School - EZ37 Solutions Limited
- Job Vacancies at a Private Educational Institution - Bradfield Consulting
- Jobs at Christ The Redeemer Secondary School