Dragnet Solutions Limited is currently recruiting the following positions for our client company(Sahara - IKEDC) via our e-recruiter portal.
Responsible for Internal Audit cell i.e. financial, commercial and technical audit
• Plan, control and record the audit work appropriately to determine the priorities, establish and achieve objectives
• Test operating effectiveness of processes, policies, codes put in place in IKEDC Identify and evaluate the organization’s internal control system as a basis for reporting its adequacy and effectiveness
• Ensure the timely availability of approved audit strategies and operating plans that reflect the longer-term corporate goals and priorities established by the Board of Directors
• Lead the planning process within the audit function, reviewing strategy and plans and ensuring the timely availability of reports justifying current plans, policies, procedures, practices and proposed changes in operational practices and ensuring their compatibility with Board strategy and goals
• Ensure timely initiation and completion of Annual Audit Plan
• Ensure compliance with statutory requirements
• Ensure the availability of up-to-date audit standards, covering all aspects (including hierarchy of key ratios; codes of conduct and discipline; quality standards, codes and practices)
• Establish audit program, schedules and procedures
• Agree the scope of external audit with the external auditors
• Develop the audit policies & procedures & manuals
• Conduct special investigations
• Ensure compliance with all technical, safety, environmental specifications and standards.
Report findings, conclusions and recommendations arising out of audit and ensure it is communicated effectively
• Lead teams that carry out investigations wherever necessary
• Provide the board with an assessment of primary risks in the functioning of IKEDC
• Monitor compliance with technical standards and specifications and initiate action to correct non- compliance
• Ensure that adequate procedures exist for a speedy investigation of major incidents occurring on the system
• Ensure that investigations into major incidents are conducted thoroughly and that they conclude with an acceptable report explaining the true causes and associated responsibilities and making recommendations to prevent recurrence.
• Submit periodical reports to MD/ CEO and audit committee and departmental heads on important audit findings and represents the company in various forums.
• Assist and appraise the top management and audit committee in achieving the overall objectives of the company through efficient performance of the departments
• Monitor Cell’s performance through Key Performance Measures
• Prepare the Cell budget requirements and getting the same approved, etc
• Design and develop training programmes for the officers responsible for the internal audit
• Risk Analysis techniques
• Advance Audit techniques
• Attention to details
Responsible for providing legal support to CEO/MD
• Oversees all legal and contracts related activities of IKEDC
• Represent IKEDC in highly sensitive matters in the courts
• Represent IKEDC in legal matters before concerned authorities
• Formulate important policies pertaining to various legal issues in consultation with leadership team
• Contribute to meeting discussions, as and when required, and advising members on the legal, governance, accounting and tax implications of proposed policies
• Responsible for standardization of contracts within the organization
• Analyze the outcome of claims investigations and interpret
• Engage in Negotiations with with 3rd parties on compensation
• To ensure proper communication between other departments and legal unit in order to seek clarifications pertaining to cases coming up for hearing, providing legal opinions and also updating the departments on the status of the cases
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
Qualification, Experience & Essential Knowledge
Bachelor’s degree in Law or Knowledge of law and has represented corporate in civil and legal matters At least 10 years of experience
• Legal knowledge
• Knowledge of Regulatory Laws in the power sector
• Knowledge of contract management
• Good analytical and communication skill,
• Networking skill
• Decision making skills, Commercial Insight & Problem Analysis
Responsible for health, safety and environment policy formulation, coordinating with Regional safety officers and ensuring compliance across IKEDC.
• Contribute to the formation of health, safety and environment strategy to ensure that aims and objectives of the department are aligned with the organization
• Plan, allocate, co-ordinate and monitor the completion of a programme of work to ensure that deliverables are achieved within timescales.
• Contribute to the development of the budget and monitor and control the budget to ensure that expenditure does not exceed agreed limits.
• Create safety policies & procedures and spread & communicate ‘the concept of safety’ and ‘safety guidelines’ across the organization, to also ensure adherence to such policies. Regular revision of policies and guidelines and suggest amendments.
• Take decisions based on analysis of accidents & suggest the precautionary measures to prevent further occurrence of such
• Perform a risk analysis for the company and recommend any changes that may be necessary.
• Provide advice and guidance to the OH&S staff and others both proactively and in response to requests to inform business decision making.
• Ensure safety monitoring and conduct inspections and audits to ensure compliance as per NERC norms
• Prepare, update and implement Safety Manual for IKEDC.
• Ensure that IKEDC is in compliance with the Nigerian Electricity Health and Safety Code of NERC
• Ensure that the safety practices are implemented by IKEDC
• Plan and conduct staff and public awareness programmes
• Plan and conduct training of Health & Safety officers and representatives
• Plan and implement initiatives for reduction of work related injuries and death in staff and public
• Prepare and submit month reports to CEO/ MD and NERC along with notification of accidents
• Prepare and submit final reports on accident investigation to MD/ CEO and NERC within stipulated time (i.e. 2 weeks)
• Monitor and ensure that the Safety Committees at each business units are functional
• Attend one meeting of Safety Committee in 6 months.
• Plan and implement new initiative related to health and safety in IKEDC
• Strengthen IT facilities for health and safety monitoring like upgrading CCTV system
• Ensure that all the health related regulations for employees are followed and implemented by IKEDC
• Ensure that all the environment related regulations are being implemented by IKEDC as per norms
Other Administrative responsibilities
• Monitor department’s performance through Key Performance Measures.
• Ensure provision of adequate resources for various activities of the department
• Identify training needs of officials and arrange to provide the same
• Perform any other duties as requested by the MD/ CEO and/ Head Department of the company
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s Degree in related engineering field with 15 years of Experience OR MBA and Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with 12 years of experience.
• Diploma in Industrial Safety
• Good understanding of technical and engineering aspects of the Distribution of power and electricity
• Knowledge in O&M, identify hazards in distribution & transmission
• Safety rules & regulations, Safety audit, safe work Risk management practice, ISO- 1800
• Communication & Team Leadership 52
• Coordination & Problem Analysis
Interested and suitably quqlififed candidates should click here to apply online. Application ends: 31st May 2014