Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
Flying Logistician, (12 months) based in Abuja with 50% travel to Jigawa and Yobe states
Summary of Key Objectives:
- Manage the logistics supply chain
- Manage and supervise the allocation, installation, use and maintenance of equipment
- Supervise the management of Country Vehicle Fleet and Generator
- Manage and ensure the daily communication systems (phones / internet) run smoothly
- Provide required logistical support for programme staff including assistance with budgeting, forecasting and creating Project Procurement Plans
- Provide support to teams in the organisation and coordination of their work
- Collect and analyse monthly reports for inventory, running costs of vehicles and generators, equipment list, order follow up for the country.
- Provide support for construction, rehabilitation and maintenance of structures for ACF operations across the country.
- Ensure proper security of office, warehouse, guest-house and equipment
- Trainings and Capacity Building on Supply Management and Procurement Procedure
Qualifications & Essential Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics & Supply Chain Management / any technical field
- Experience of assessing, reviewing and monitoring technical projects.
- Experience working in Logistics/security positions preferred
- Strong verbal, written and communication skills ; approachable, diplomatic, able to maintain confidentiality; able to work effectively in diverse, cross-cultural teams in a complex, multi-site work environment
- Computer literacy including all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Fluency in English
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, rigorous, self-motivated, strong sense of responsibility, ability to work independently
- Capacity for analysis, synthesis and reporting of large amounts of information
- Fluent in IT and networking technology
- Previous experience working for NGOs an asset, particularly international and/or health related NGOs
- Fluency in one or more National/regional languages an asset
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send their CV together with their Cover Letter as an email attachment to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants should indicate in the subject title of their forwarding mail, the title of the position they are applying for.
Note: Please do not attach your certificates to the application email. Any application received after Tuesday 27th May will not be considered.