The Nigerian Army Short Service Combatant (SSC) Course 43 Recruitment 2014
Posted on: 15 May, 2014
Deadline: 24 June, 2014
View Jobs in Government
View All Jobs at Nigerian Army
The Nigerian Army - Applications are invited from eligible Nigerians for commission into the Nigerian Army (NA) as Short Service Combatant (SSC) Commission officers. The SSC is open to both civilians and serving military personnel. However, only serving military personnel sponsored by any of the Services of the Nigerian Armed Forces to civil institutions shall be considered.
- Job TypeFull Time
Abia, Abuja, Adamawa, Akwa Ibom, Anambra, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Ekiti, Enugu, Gombe, Imo, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Lagos, Nasarawa, Niger, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe, Zamfara
- Job Field
Security / Intelligence
All applicants must satisfy the following conditions:
- Be a Nigerian as defined in the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Be a male or female between the ages of 24 and 29 years.
- Be medically and physically fit.
- Be recommended by at least 2 recognizable referees who must attest to the applicant's character and integrity. Serving military personnel must be recommended by their commanding officers.
- Civilians could be recommended by a Local Government Chairman/Secretary or an officer of the Armed Forces not below the rank of a Lieutenant Colonel and equivalent or an Assistant Commissioner of Police and above who must hail from the state of the applicant.
- Candidates must submit a letter of Attestation from their former institutions.
- Measure at least 1.68m (for male) and 1.65m (for female) in height.
- Must not have been convicted by any court of law.
- Possess at least a first degree of not less than Second Class Lower Division or HND of not less than Lower Credit in the arts, sciences or humanities from any recognized institution of learning.
- Possess valid birth certificate endorsed by the National Population Commission, Hospital or Local Government Council or valid age declaration.
- Possess a valid certificate of state of origin.
- Applicants (less serving members of the Armed Forces) must possess NYSC discharge certificate or a valid exemption as the case may be.
- Only academic credentials obtained from 2009 to date will be considered.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
- SSC will be granted for 10 years. Six years will be on active list renewable thereafter for a period up to 3 years. No extension is allowed after the ninth year of commission except on conversion to Regular Combatant where applicable.
- Officer cadets who successfully complete the military training shall be granted the rank of Second Lieutenant.
- Conversion to regular commission is not automatic. It is based on availability of vacancy and other criteria that are or will be in force from time to time.
- All graduating officer cadets must sign an acceptance on the terms and conditions governing the Short Service Combatant Commission before they are granted commission into the Nigerian Army.
- The reckonable period of service will be based on the date of commencement of cadet training of both civilian and military personnel entrants.
Method of Application
Applications are to be made online.
- Obtain a PayChoice PIN Code from any branch of First Bank nationwide upon the payment of N2,500.00 Application Fee to the designated cashier with effect from 14 May 2014.
- Logon to www.nigerianarmyms.org
- Click on 'Online Application'
- Enter basic details as requested alongside the PIN Code.
- Select 'Short Service Combatant(SSC)'
- Click 'Register Now' to validate your PIN
- On successful validation, you will be redirected to the login page
- Login with your Username and Password to begin filling the forms, upload documents and passport.
Applicants are to complete the form online and upload all required documents stated in the general instructions. Applicants must print out their online generated photo-card on completion of their application. Successful applicants are required to present their printed photo-cards to the selection board during the interview.
All applications must be submitted not later than 24 June 2014.
For further information, you may call 07018447913, 08054815787, 07046349788 between 0900hrs and 1700 hrs from Monday to Friday. You may also visit www.nigerianarmyms.org
For technical support and complaints, call the following support lines 07018447913, 08054815787 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of Military Secretary
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Nigerian ArmySimilar Jobs
- Ongoing Recruitment at the Kaduna State Civil Service Commission
- Exeutive Vacancy at the Kwara State Ministry of Works and Transport
- Consultancy Role at The Rivers State Government
- Fresh Job Recruitment at The British Council