Jobs At National Democratic Institute
Posted on: 15 May, 2014
Deadline: 23 May, 2014
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at National Democratic Institute
The National Democratic Institute (NDI) is seeking to hire a Seniorl Program Officer (Election) for its Electoral Empowerment of Civil Society program in Nigeria.
NDI is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization working to support and strengthen democratic institutions worldwide through citizen participation, openness and accountability in government. NDI has supported the efforts of Nigerian civil society to strengthen the country's political and democratic institutions since the return to democracy in 1999.
- The Officer will support the Election team in improving CSOs observation of the 2015 electoral process and increasing citizens' awareness of election observation.
- The ideal candidate will have significant knowledge of the Nigeria electoral system, election observation and citizen participation.
- Understanding statistics would be an advantage.
- Support NDI work with domestic election observation groups;
- Ensure programmatic goals are achieved and reporting requirements are adhered to;
- Draft program support documents and regular internal reports, as needed;
- Provide technical expertise and support partners on election observation;
Required skills and experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in civil society development and election observation:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in political science, international development, management or related field; graduate degree preferred.
- Practical experience in supporting citizen election observation groups;
- Significant training experience and workshop facilit.ation skills;
- Substantial knowledge of Nigeria electoral system;
- Ability to communicate skills and experience t.o others as a trainer and advisor;
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively with staff. donors and local partners;
- Capacity to work both independently and as a member of a team.
Method of Application
The position is based in Abuja and available immediately. Please, send all applications to this address: email@example.com Applications without cover letters will not be considered. Application deadline is May 23rd 2014.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about National Democratic InstituteSimilar Jobs
- Request For Quotations at Norwegian Church Aid
- Job Opportunities at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Country Director at Center for Civilians in Conflict's (CIVIC)
- Construction Supervisor at The Agency For Technical Cooperation And Development (ACTED)
- Job Vacancies at The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
- Admin Supervisor at The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)
- Latest Vacancies at Palladium Group
- Advocacy and Events Assistant at HarvestPlus - International Institute of Tropical Agriculture