Jobs At National Democratic Institute
Posted on: 15 May, 2014
Deadline: 23 May, 2014
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at National Democratic Institute
The National Democratic Institute (NDI) is seeking to hire a Seniorl Program Officer (Election) for its Electoral Empowerment of Civil Society program in Nigeria.
NDI is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization working to support and strengthen democratic institutions worldwide through citizen participation, openness and accountability in government. NDI has supported the efforts of Nigerian civil society to strengthen the country's political and democratic institutions since the return to democracy in 1999.
- The Officer will support the Election team in improving CSOs observation of the 2015 electoral process and increasing citizens' awareness of election observation.
- The ideal candidate will have significant knowledge of the Nigeria electoral system, election observation and citizen participation.
- Understanding statistics would be an advantage.
- Support NDI work with domestic election observation groups;
- Ensure programmatic goals are achieved and reporting requirements are adhered to;
- Draft program support documents and regular internal reports, as needed;
- Provide technical expertise and support partners on election observation;
Required skills and experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in civil society development and election observation:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in political science, international development, management or related field; graduate degree preferred.
- Practical experience in supporting citizen election observation groups;
- Significant training experience and workshop facilit.ation skills;
- Substantial knowledge of Nigeria electoral system;
- Ability to communicate skills and experience t.o others as a trainer and advisor;
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively with staff. donors and local partners;
- Capacity to work both independently and as a member of a team.
Method of Application
The position is based in Abuja and available immediately. Please, send all applications to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org Applications without cover letters will not be considered. Application deadline is May 23rd 2014.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about National Democratic InstituteSimilar Jobs
- Country Director at Chemonics International Inc
- Senior Advisor at Marie Stopes International
- Fresh Vacancies at Solidarites International
- Project Driver at the North East Regional Initiative (NERI) Nigeria
- Latest Jobs at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Deputy Team Leader, Anti-Corruption at Palladium Group
- Job Opportunities at The United Nations World Food Programme
- Field Enumerator (Baseline Survey) at Mercy Corps Nigeria