Jobs at EngenderHealth
Posted on: 26 July, 2011
Deadline: 4 August, 2011
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at EngenderHealth
EngenderHealth works worldwide to improve the lives of individuals by making reproductive health services safe, available, and sustainable. We provide technical assistance, training, and information, with a focus on practical solutions that improve services where resources are scarce. We believe that individuals have the right to make informed decisions about their reproductive health and to receive care that meets their needs. We work in partnership with governments, institutions, and health care professionals to make this right a reality.
The Fistula Care project is a five year cooperative agreement, funded by the United States Agency for International Development and managed by EngenderHealth in collaboration with partners. It seeks to increase access to quality treatment services for obstetric fistula, improve prevention, strengthen the environment to support prevention, treatment and reintegration services, and to conduct research to improve the quality of services.
Senior Program assistant - Monitoring, Evaluation & Evaluation
No of openings:1
TITLE: Senior Program Associate, Monitoring, Evaluation & Research
PROGRAM/OFFICE: Fistula Care
REPORTS TO: Fistula Care Project Manager, Nigeria,
Reporting to the Project Manager, Nigeria, the Senior Associate for M&E/R will support monitoring, evaluation and research activities for the Fistula Care Project.
1. Manage the monitoring, evaluation, research and documentation of project activities in Nigeria and supervise two evaluation staff.
2. Partner with the Project Manager and Deputy Project Manager to prepare the annual workplan and budget.
3. Prepare quarterly reports for review by the Project Manager for both the USAID Mission and for inclusion in the global project quarterly reports.
4. Coordinate the dissemination and use of data relating to project activities in Nigeria to partners and other stakeholders, including the implementation of data for decision making workshops.
5. Work with Fistula Care Project team and consultants to develop a community screening study to estimate the number of cases in a given geographic area. This estimate will be extrapolated to establish a planning figure of the number of cases to be treated by all partners working on fistula in the country. Coordinate the implementation of this study in collaboration with designated partners, consultants and staff.
6. Collaborate with the Fistula Care New York team in supporting the Nigerian sites that will participate in the planned randomized controlled trial on duration of catheterization after fistula surgery.
7. Ensure compliance with EngenderHealth’s Evaluation and Research Standard Operating Procedures (E&R SOPs) for all studies implemented in-country.
8. Travel 30% of time for technical assistance.
9. Other duties, as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATIONS:
• Master’s degree in a field related to epidemiology, biostatistics, monitoring and evaluation of international health and development programs.
• A minimum of 10 years of work experience in ME&R working on international health projects.
• Experience designing conducting operations/applied research.
• Experience providing technical assistance on the use of data for planning and decision making.
• Familiarity with working in USAID-funded contracts or cooperative agreements preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Strong analytical skills;
Excellent computer skills, with particular knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Word in addition to statistical applications (e.g. SPSS, Stata, EpiInfo); knowledge with qualitative software packages desirable.
Exceptional interpersonal and teamwork skills.
Excellent organizational skills.
English fluency and strong writing skills in English required.
EngenderHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Job Code: 272
No of openings: 1
TITLE: Medical Associate
REPORTS TO: Deputy Project Manager, Nigeria
SALARY: Starting salary will be commensurate with background and experience.
TERM: Two years with possible extension, depending on availability of funding
Based in Sokoto, the medical associate will support strengthening Fistula Care prevention and repair activities as assigned. S/he will be responsible for working closely with medical staff in project supported sites and providing technical assistance for interventions related to fistula prevention and repair .
RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the direction of the Deputy Project Manager, the Medical Associate will:
• Provide technical assistance to supported sites fistula prevention and repair activities in Supported States in Nigeria in accordance with EngenderHealth standards and guidelines.
• Coordinate, monitor and, when appropriate, participate in training of providers to improve skills and clinical competence, in both prevention and repair.
• Partner with the MOH of the project states and local providers and trainers to implement project-supported activities.
• Collaborate in the establishment of a State fistula coordinating taskforce or working group to improve coordination between key stakeholders in the states.
• In collaboration with FP/RH Advisor work on increasing FP uptake use in the supported states
• Assist the M&E project staff, as assigned, in the review and interpretation of clinical data.
• Contribute to the preparation of workplans and reports on project progress.
• Perform all other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE &CERTIFICATIONS
Clinical Degree with advanced degree in Public Health, Management or Public Administration
Certified registration with Nigeria Medical Association
Additional training in Fistula Repairs.
Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in Management of Health facilities in Northern Nigeria.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Prior medical practice in Nigeria
Experience with and understanding of MOH structure/systems, and with USAID-funded projects.
Demonstrated ability to work collegially with other technical staff, experts, and with counterparts from the public, private and NGO sectors.
Exceptional interpersonal communication, teamwork skills.
Experience as a Trainer
Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English language.
How to Apply
To apply, Please visit the careers page at www.engenderhealth.org to view the full job description as well as submit you details online by 4 August 2011. Please include details of your salary history and salary requirements.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about EngenderHealthSimilar Jobs
- Latest Job Openings at CBM International
- Latest Job Vacancies at Mercy Corps
- Logistics Vacancy at Secours Islamique France (SIF)
- Latest Jobs at Palladium Group
- Latest Job Opening at The Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI)
- Procurement Coordinator at Save the Children Nigeria
- Job Vacancy at the International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- Job Opportunity at Abt Associates