Latest Jobs at Standard Chartered Bank
Posted on: 8 May, 2014
Deadline: 16 May, 2014
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at Standard Chartered Bank
Standard Chartered is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job ID: 429935
Job Function: Retail Clients
Location: Lagos, Nigeria - SCB
- To be the source of reference within the Business Unit in facilitating and promoting the understanding of OR and compliance requirements.
- Lead and support implementation of OR initiatives for the Business Unit.
- Proactively communicate with the Business Unit Head and BORM on operational risk issues. Escalate significant events to Business Unit Head /BORM/Business Head as appropriate.
- Coordinate and consolidate operational risk and loss reporting of the unit for the reporting to the BORF, UORM and Business Unit Head. Ensure data accuracy and completeness.
- Design and implement control measures and monitoring plans for compliance and operational risk management. Ensure effectiveness of controls for compliance monitoring and risk management.
- Undertake and/or coordinate periodic business monitoring (self-assessment) activities within the Business Unit and escalate findings and or breaches to Business Unit Head and BORM, when they occur.
- Ensure risks and issues identified are resolved in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Assist UORM in the implementation of OR framework or other relevant OR initiatives.
- Act as the Unit Money Laundering Prevention Officer (UMLPO) and cooperate with the UMLPO to ensure appropriate internal controls and procedures for money laundering prevention is in place and functioning as intended. Where appropriate, assist in the investigation of financial crime risks.
- Identify gaps and arrange training on compliance and OR for staff.
- Ensure I remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the bank’s efforts in combating it by adhering to the principles in relation to:
- Identifying my customer, knowing my customer, reporting suspicions, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicions to customers.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Tie up new organizations for PIL, DAS & Autopay.
- Manage relationship with all Autopay & DAS organizations with focus on any process bottlenecks, monthly repayment issues, service expectations etc with the organizations.
- Work with sales on achieving penetration target for all companies i.e. assist with sales booth permissions, visibility & email campaigns.
- Assist sales with launching new programmes in these organizations.
- Assist in new product/programme development & cross sale.
- Assist with market information on the product category.
- Carry revenue & a NIM% goal for PIL & Mortgages.
- Portfolio Management.
- To achieve volume, and value targets in order to contribute to the overall goals of the bank.
- To ensure that own area of operation is alert to Money Laundering & in Compliant to Groups Standards [including KYC requirements], and actively dispels Money Laundering/ fraudulent activities.
- To adhere strictly to the Bank’s Code of Conduct and to ensure that the channel similarly complies.
- Ensure customer service quality and complaints are handled promptly and efficiently to satisfaction of customers. At the same time ensure that the process of monitoring the above is clearly defined.
- Be an effective agent of change and a role model for talented managers throughout the Bank
- Ensure that effective arrangements are in place within jobholder’s area of business responsibility for the prevention of money laundering in line with Group policy and standards, local legal and regulatory requirements, based on guidance from the country MLPO. In appropriate communication with staff, emphasize the need for all employees to know and adhere to the money laundering guidelines.
Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum 10 years of working experience, with preferably 5 years in financial services.
- University degree
- In-depth knowledge and experience of Lending products
- Proven track record in product development
- Ability to interact at senior level
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Standard Chartered BankSimilar Jobs
- Latest Recruitment at the African Development Bank (AfDB)
- Head, Compliance At Nigeria Inter-Bank Settlement System (NIBSS) Plc
- Divisional Manager - Syndications and Co-Financing at the African Development Bank (AfDB)
- Accountants at Abbey Mortgage Bank Plc
- Chief Environmental and Social Compliance Officer, SNSC at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
- Division Manager at the African Development Bank (AfDB)
- Job Vacancies at Lafenwa Osiberu & Co (Chartered Accountants)
- Job Vacancies at a Finance Firm - Mario Consulting Limited