Manager at the Centre for Memories
Posted on: 12 February, 2019
Deadline: 20 February, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Sahel Capital
The Centre for Memories - A non-profit organization based in Enugu State is recruiting to fill the position below:
Reporting: The Board of Directors and the Resident Historian
- We are looking to engage a full-time Manager to oversee the activities of the Centre and ensure its growth and impact.
- Fundraising, Development, and Stakeholder Management:
- Develop and implement an effective fundraising strategy
- Actively raise funds from individuals, foundations and corporations in Nigeria and abroad;
- Cultivate and manage relationships with all funders and supporters; Oversee the development of a dynamic Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to manage communications and relationships with all stakeholders.
- Programs and Operations:
- Manage staff and office operations
- Support the design and curation of CFM exhibitions and all daily, weekly and monthly programmes, activities and events including the Nkata Umu Ibe, Nzuko Umaka, Monthly Book Club, Monthly Movie Series etc.
- Manage CFM’s partnership with local and international organizations to deliver world-class programmes and events.
- Coordinate activities, resources, and performance management
- Communications & Brand Management: Build the influence and impact of the CFM through strategic engagement with the printed, digital and electronic media in Nigeria and abroad.
- Board Engagement:
- Create agendas for and prepare materials for monthly board meetings.
- Execution, follow-up and reporting of goals to Board.
- Persistent follow up with board; through an exhaustive utilization of board resources (i.e. contact, influence, etc)
- Ensure transparency and efficiency in the use of CFM’s resources;
- Ensure CFM complies with and meets all legal and statutory obligations
Profile / Qualifications
- At least 5 years working experience with continually increasing levels of responsibility
- Strong management experience
- Master's Degree or higher in a relevant field (e.g., MBA, JD, policy) from a reputable university
- Experience liaising with a variety of partners in Nigeria and elsewhere including companies and businesses, NGOs, academic departments and others working on leadership and/or governance related programmes
- Direct or indirect experience in planning and delivering projects
- Demonstrated experience with organizing flawless events involving senior level stakeholders
- Proven evidence of experience in fundraising and managing budgets
- A skilled negotiator and fundraiser, familiar with non-profit fundraising
- Proven dynamic leadership abilities, integrity and track record of delivering results
- Excellent English communication skills (written and oral)
- A person of high integrity and moral courage
- A self-started, willing and able to work with minimal supervision
- Flexible multi-tasker with good time management skills
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Resume to "Oluebube Onyirioha" via: firstname.lastname@example.org
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Sahel CapitalSimilar Jobs
- ICT and Social Media Advisor at Reboot
- Volunteer, Disaster Risk Reduction & Resilence Specialist at Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO)
- Chief of Party at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Emergency Response Program Manager II at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- West Africa Project Director at Adam Smith International
- Job Openings at Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS)
- Head of Base (HoB) at INTERSOS
- Senior Policy and Advocacy Advisor - Nigeria Integrated Health Program at Palladium