If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Save the Children is the leading independent organization creating lasting change in the lives of children in over 120 countries around the world. Recognized for our commitment to accountability, innovation and collaboration. our work takes us into the heart of communities where we help children and families help themselves.
We work with other organizations, governments. non-profits and a variety of local partners while maintaining our own independence without political agenda or religious orientation. Save The Children's mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children is looking for experienced development professionals to work within the Nigeria Country Programme. These roles will be critical for the delivery of results for children expected by this programme.
- The Knowledge Management Specialist will have responsibility for communications and KM work related to the Child Development Grant Programme (CDGP).
- The CDGP is a unique large scale cash transfer programme in Northern Nigeria funded by DFID; which will begin full implementation until March 2018.
- The incumbent will lead Communications and Knowledge Management activities using different approaches in order to influence a wide variety of stakeholders and share evidence from the programme implementation.
- S/He will work closely with technical staff in Abuja and state teams to develop compelling materials to support advocacy communications and KM efforts with identified Government stakeholders and other external agencies as well as provide internal accountability for ensuring strong systems are in place.
- Candidate must have it university degree in social sciences or communications or a related field; a high degree of analytical skill and abilicy to influence and communicate key messages effectively to a diverse audience; prior work experience in Knowledge management, the media and its role in raising awareness and shaping public policy is compulsory.
- The role will involve extensive travel to northern states Jigawa and Zamfara especially).
- Good computer skills will be required and also experience in training others.
- Knowledge of the policies, functions, structures and decision-making processes of key national Institutions with regard to Child Nutrition or Development will be added advantage as well as ability to communicate in Hausa.
go to method of application »
- The Nutrition Advisor will provide technical support to design and implement high quality and integrated Behavioural Change Communication (BCC) and nutrition programmes for the CDGP in Nigeria to reduce malnutrition and stunting.
- S/he will provide programmatic support and technical assistance to CDGP towards accomplishing its country goals. objectives and targets and work closely with other Program & administrative staff within the country program.
- Candidate must have an academic/professional qualification at Post graduate level or equivalent in Nutrition with substantial operational experience and a track record of success on nutrition programming, including BCC and IYCF.
- S/he must have sound strategic thinking and planning skills, including ability to think creatively and to set priorities, manage work plans and evaluate progress.
- Experience in working in Northern Nigeria on a similar context and demonstrable abilicy to acquire a high level of nutrition expertise on priority issues within nutrition: providing technical support to partners and in particular government at senior levels and proven capacity to develop a network of contacts with key players from amongst government donors, international agencies and NGOs.
- S/he should be fluent in English & Hausa; proficient in Microsoft software packages.
- Experience in supporting development of national guidelines and policies with an understanding of food security and livelihoods programmes will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Kindly send your C.V. and covering letter on or before 11th April, 2014 for the Nutrition Adviser position and 18th April, 2014 for Knowledge Management Adviser, explaining why you are suitable to Nigeriavacancy@savethechildren.org State position clearly in the subject field as applications without appropriate subject will be disqualified. Also, applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In order to apply for more great opportunities,please visit our website on www.savethechildren.net/jobs. For more Information and to support our work,please visit our website on www.savethechildren.net Our selection processes reflect our commitment to safeguard children from abuse. Our people are as diverse as the challenges we face.