Western Delta University, Oghara, is a Private Institution licensed by the Federal Government In May, 2007. The University which commenced its Academic activities in March, 2008, has recorded remarkable achievements in the areas of academic excellence and production of quality graduates. The University operates a policy of zero tolerance for cultism, examination malpractice, harassment of any kind and unwholesome practices. The University expects its staff and students to demonstrate the highest moral and ethical standards.
The Governing Council of Western Delta University, Oghara, Delta State, hereby announces that the position of the Vice-Chancellor of the University will soon be vacant.
The Governing Council of Western Delta University is recruiting to fill the vacant position of:
The Vice-chancellor is the Chief Executive and Academic Officer of the University as well as the ex-officio Chairman of Senate and member of the Governing Council, He or She is responsible to Council in matters of policy implementation inthe areas of finance, property/facilities, general administration and good governance of the institution. The Vice-Chancellor is also responsible to Senate for the admission of students, administration of academic programmes and enforcing student discipline, in consonance with extant rules and regulations.
Requirements for the position:
- The candidate for the post of Vice-Chancellor is required to possess a good University education and should be a proven manager of human and material resources. Specifically,
- The candidate must have a Ph.D from a recognized University, In addition, the candidate should possess considerable administrative experience within the University system and must show demonstrable ability to attract funds to the University.
- The candidate must have been a Professor for not less than 7 years with an unbroken service within the University system during the period.
- The candidate must demonstrate academic excellence in terms of quality publications, teaching, innovation, credible community service and proficiency in Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
- The candidate must be a person of courage and transparent honesty who can take on the merit of facts, equity and patriotism and not on the basis of parochial interests or primordial pressures, Candidates should also be free from conflicts of interest.
- The candidate must have the highest moral standard, impeccable character and proven integrity with commitment to practices in corporate governance, with particular emphasis on accountability, transparency and probity. He/She must ensure the judicious utilization of scarce resources for optimum public good.
- The candidate must have a good knowledge of University tradition and operation.
- The candidate must be able to command respect among his/her colleagues and be able to motivate staff towards the achievement of the vision and mission of the University.
- The candidate must be firm and fair in decision making and MUST FOLLOW DUE PROCESS in taking decisions.
- The candidate must be vast in research and should be able to encourage research development through research proposals.
- The candidate must have the ability to provide a conducive and healthy environment for learning.
- The candidate must have the ability to promote linkages with external bodies (locally and internationally).
- The candidate must enjoy good physical and mental health and be free from any inhibiting health condition.
- The Vice-Chancellor shall hold office for the period of Five (5) years in the first instance.
Conditions of Service
- Remuneration and other conditions of service are as determined by the Governing Council and are highly attractive.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit 15 copies of their applications accompanied by 15 copies of the candidate’s most recent CV which shall contain the following:
- The candidate’s name in full
- Place and date of birth
- State of origin
- Home address
- Contact address (including e-mail and telephone number)
- Marital status
- Number and ages of children
- Academic qualifications
- Details of teaching, research, administrative, fund attraction and managerial experiences,
- Academic distinction, membership of academic and professional bodies, scholarly publications and
- Names and addresses of Three referees.
The application must also include a statement of the candidate’s vision and mission for the University in the next five years, in not more than 1000 words and not less than 500 words,
Candidates must request their referees to forward references on them in a sealed envelope marked “Referee Report” with the name of the candidate underneath, directly to the Registrar and Secretary to Council.
The sealed envelope containing the application should be boldly marked POST OF VICE-CHANCELLOR, WDU to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
Western Delta University,
Note:To reach him not later than Four (4) weeks from the date of this advertisement. Only the applications of short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.