Jobs at USAID
Posted on: 5 July, 2011
Deadline: 18 July, 2011
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Grid Consulting
The USAID supported Malaria Action program for States (MAPS project is a 5-year project which is expected to take on USAID' mandate of improving malaria control at scale in seven states. Activities on the MAPS project have commenced in three Nigerian States, namely; Cross-River, Nassarawa and Zamfara.
Health Partners International, one of the implementing agencies of the MAPS project now seeks to employ professionals to work in MAPS t, strengthen capacity in Financial Management Systems, as well as Drug and Commodity Procurement; in order to effectively address malaria, prevention and control at the Federal and State levels of the project.
Terms and Conditions of Employment:
The appointment term will be for a period of 4 years, with an initial 6 months probationary period. The programme offers very competitive salary packages. Local terms and conditions will apply.
National Capacity Building: Finance
The National capacity Building Specialist for finance will be based in the Abuja office of the program and report to the National Capacity Building Advisor also in Abuja. S/he will be responsible for working with stakeholders in the Ministries of Health at the Federal, State and PHC levels, donor agencies, the National Malaria Control Program and other key parastatals; particularly on all finance related capacity building initiatives in malaria control.
S/he will also be required to;
• Facilitate the process of drawing up, agreeing and reviewing programme work-plans and budgets to develop capacity building strategies in relation to financial management;
• Provide support to partners to undertake a thorough assessment of gaps in financial management systems at the National (policy) level, state level and for both rural and urban facilities;
• Assist partners to implement the agreed action plans for public financial management (PFM), corporate financial reporting initiatives and also provide technical advice to the Government in the implementation of reform actions;
• Provide strategic leadership to the program regarding all issue relating to drug and commodity procurement, logistics an! supply issues;
• Provide support to NMCP in developing harmonization of a malaria control activities in capacity building and finance management;
A graduate degree in Accounting, Business, Economics or Financial Management. A minimum of five years experience in financial management and capacity building in Nigeri2 Health sector. 5jhe must have experience and working knowledge Public Health, Policy development, Health systems reforms in Nigeria and capacity building tools.
The ideal candidate must have the ability to understand cross-cutting issues beyond financial management:
For example; Procurement, Governance, Public sector I management). A good knowledge and experience in malaria prevention and control is an added advantage.
National Capacity Building Specialist: Logistics & Procurement
This position will be based in the Abuja office and report to the National Capacity Building Advisor. S/he will be responsible for working with partners and stakeholders in the Ministries of Health at the Federal, State and LGA levels, private sector and civil society groups; to strengthen capacity in drug and commodity logistics, procurement and supply systems; for an effective management of malaria prevention and control.
S/he will also be required to;
• Provide support to partners for a thorough assessment of gaps in the Logistics and Supply Chain management systems linked to management of malaria in Nigeria at National (policy) and State levels for both rural and urban facilities.
• Provide support to the Government and develop their capacity to undertake National and State level stock assessment exercises to include; forecasting, quantification and ordering of malaria commodities; to ensure needs and demands at lower levels are supplied on time.
• Develop capacity to design and manage sustainable drugs commodity supply systems and support health personnel to effectively monitor the operations of the system.
A post-graduate qualification in Public health or other related disciplines in health or medical sciences. S/he must have a minimum of five years' experience in anyone of logistics and procurement, drug supply systems management as well as capacity building in Nigeria. S/he must have an extensive knowledge of Public health, policy development and health systems reforms in Nigeria. A good knowledge of malaria prevention and control as well as the use of capacity building tools is also required.
Method of Application:
Interested candidates should apply through the
appropriate link at www.gridconsulting.net. Deadline for submission is
Monday, 18 July, 2011. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Grid ConsultingSimilar Jobs
- Job Opening at Creative Associates International
- Job Opportunities at Centre for Democracy & Development (CDD)
- Latest Job Vacancies at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Secretary at the United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Massive Job Vacancies at The Nigeria Supply Chain Integration Project - i+ Consortium (52 Positions)
- Receptionist at The Social and Economic Rights Action Center (SERAC)
- Job Vacancy at Palladium Group
- Operations Managers at the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)