If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Seven Energy is an indigenous Nigerian oil and gas exploration, development, production and distribution company with a vision to be the leading supplier of gas to the domestic market for power generation and industrial consumption.
Our objective is to exploit first mover advantage as a supplier to the domestic gas market in our core operating areas and to maximise shareholder value through sustainable long-term growth across the full value chain.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Reporting To: Manager and Lead Engineer, Subsurface
Job Type: Permanent
- Seven Energy is recruiting a Manager & Lead Engineer, Subsurface to our Lagos based team reporting organisationally to the Chief Operating Officer and functionally to the London-based Chief Technical officer.
- The Manager & Lead Engineer, Subsurface will be charged with building a high calibre team of engineers and geoscientists and driving company growth by optimizing field developments to maximize reserves, recovery and production rates.
- Direct reports will include reservoir engineers, geologists and both geophysicists and petrophysicists when these roles are added at a later date.
- The successful candidate is expected to play a major role the formulation of Company growth plans and will provide the successful candidate the opportunity to establish state of the art Nigerian-based subsurface team. The Company is looking for a high calibre and motivated individual to fill this critical role.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Be the lead reservoir engineer in Lagos.
- Establish a technically strong Nigeria-based subsurface team.
- Serve as member of the Lagos Senior Management team.
- Liaise with the London technical team to ensure up-to-date Development Plans are in-place for each asset.
- Ensure Development plans match Seven's contractual commitments, commercial and growth plans in both reserves and rate capability.
- Ensure Development Plans are implemented; in the case of partner-operated assets, influence partners to follow our Development Plan or agree on a joint Development Plan for the asset.
- Provide support to drilling & completion operations including:
- Well justifications,
- Surface and subsurface targets,
- Regulatory approvals,
- Input into well programs,
- Day to day monitoring of well performance, geosteering, ops geology, casing points, logging,
- data collection programs appropriate for data needs and;
- Post drilling well test analysis and updates to geo maps and reservoir models.
- Provide subsurface personnel support to assets, in some cases on full time assignment and provide subsurface QA/QC support and career management for subsurface personnel assigned full-time to assets.
- With London technical team, determine appropriate subsurface evaluation and modeling tools for Lagos team. Following this, justify, procure, populate and maintain tools.
- Conduct subsurface studies as required to support assets, projects/operations and business development.
- Where appropriate, outsource studies with close oversight from Seven/Septa.
- With London, maintain and update regional geological studies and maps and exploration strategy.
- Be the "owners" of project economics and development option analysis which includes a thorough evaluation of subsurface risk and probabilistic analysis of all aspects of the project.
- Build and maintain a subsurface database that is shared between locations.
- Provide appropriate career development and training for subsurface personnel.
- Provide input into London-led annual reserves analysis, BD support and regional exploration efforts.
- Ensure all new development projects have an integrated view.
Segregation of Duties Between London and Lagos
- Seven Energy has a London-based Subsurface Team that reports to the Chief Technical Officer. The London
- Subsurface Team will primarily focus on reserves determination & reserves bookings, exploration strategy and prospect generation, Business Development support, external funding support and will help conduct or provide oversight appropriate technical studies.
- The Lagos Subsurface Team, as detailed above, will focus on development and ownership of Asset Development Plans, JV strategy, interaction & support on subsurface matters, drilling/workover/completion support, reservoir management, production monitoring/rate forecasting for budget and capital projects and oversight of seismic acquisition.
- Both teams will frequently consult with each other and utilise each other for peer reviews.
- Also, we will optimise the use of specialty skills of team members, regardless of location.
Job and Personal Specifications (Education, Experience & Other Requirements)
- Degree in petroleum engineering; MS or PhD preferred (will accept non-PE graduates with sufficient work experience and training as a PE or petroleum geology).
- Minimum of 12 years' experience in the oil & gas industry with the majority of that time in subsurface technical roles. Strong "hands on" reservoir engineering skills.
- Minimum of 3 years leadership experience.
- Broad subsurface knowledge and experience including reservoir engineering, reservoir modelling, reservoir characterisation, well test design and analysis, completion design, development geology, exploration geology, geophysics, well logging, well testing, well test analysis, operations geology, production engineering and reservoir management.
- An understanding and appreciation of the capital projects, drilling and operations disciplines and how they interact with subsurface functions.
- Strong economic, risk assessment and strategy development skills.
- Preference for a national but willing to consider an expat. If an expat, prior Nigerian experience is desirable but as a minimum should have prior oil and gas experience in Africa or other comparable developing region.
- Must have highly developed cultural sensitivity and able to mentor and build the capacity of a team primarily comprised of national staff.
- Must clearly understand, adhere to and be a promoter of business ethics including the BBA and FCPA.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com with email subject as: "Manager and Lead Engineer, Subsurface".