JSI is implementing the USAID/DELIVER PROJECT, a technical assistance project funded by USAID and aimed at increasing the availability of essential health supplies through procurement services and strengthening supply chains in developing countries. In addition to the PH program areas, the USAID/DELIVER PROJECT also works in Malaria and the selected candidate may be tasked with supporting other areas of work when necessary. JSI also implements the Supply Chain Management System (SCMS) contract forthe US Govemment as part ofthe US President's Emergency Plan for Aids Relief.
The USAID/DELIVER PROJECT Nigeria office is seeking a Logistics Associate, Public Health (PH) based in Abuja. The Logistics Associate Public Health will work under the guidance of, and report to, the
Senior Loqistics Advisor, Public Health, who is his/her supervisor.
Specific Tasks include:
- Support the establishment and routine meetings of procurement and supply management coordination working groups and committees for PH commodities
- Provide support for annual national/state quantification and procurement planning of PH commodities, in collaboration with all program stakeholders and partners
- Facilitate the design and implementation of assessment and evaluation studies and to analyze and present results to stakeholders
- Provide technical input into logistics system design, developing Standard Operative Procedures (SOPs) for routine PSM activities for PH commodities
- Provide technical input into developing training curriculum and in training federal, state, LGA, and SDP-level program and logistics officers in implementing and monitoring adherence to PH logistics SOPs
- Monitor and provide supportive supervision to the national logistics officers and state level teams as appropriate
- Draft routine quarterly and annual reports for submission to program funders
- Contribute to identifying best practices and success stories for JSI Nigeria's periodic logistics bulletin
- Work with Short-Term Technical Assistance (STTA) providers to provide required TA for activities and also facilitate transfer of skills to appropriate local staff
- Any other duties assigned
Applicants for this position should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- A clinical degree or a degree in Public Health, Pharmacy, Logistics Management or Business Administration.
- A Master's degree is desirable but not required.
- Good knowledge of the Nigerian public health sector.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills highly desired
- A proven ability to work as part of a team and to be self-managing
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability and willingness to travel in the field
Method of Application
Interested applicants for this position should send their resume and cover letter with three references and contact information by email to firstname.lastname@example.org within one week from the date of this advert, with salary expectation boldly written at the top of the resume.
Please ensure that you write the position applied for in the subject line of your email, otherwise you will be disqualified. JSI offers excellent benefits. Salary will be commensurate with experience and salary history.
JOHN SNOW. INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.