Stresert Services Limited Is Recruiting
Posted on: 27 January, 2014
Deadline: 27 January, 2014
View Jobs in Hospitality
View All Jobs at Stresert Services Limited
Stresert Services Limited - Our Client is a top brand in the hospitality business. Due to expansion and growth; they have the need for an Operations Manager to oversee the whole affairs of the Hotel.
- The hotel operations manager is the manager over all of the different operations of the hotel.
- The operations manager looks over the front desk, bellhop, housekeeping and food service personnel and often can make decisions about the day-to-day tasks of employees in all departments
- To act in the capacity of a General Manager
- The duty the Operation Manager has to perform is to provide a work environment that engenders positive energy, creativity and teamwork among employees.
- To ensure that this goal is achieved, the Operation Managers may hold regular meetings, with his/ her employees listening to each department's issues and concerns, and setting a professional example by showing leadership qualities.
- The hotel operations manager is responsible for making sure the hotel is making money and working within its allotted budget.
- The operations manager will often be the one to make the call on making repairs and will sometimes make other decisions that help increase the profitability of the hotel as a whole.
- The operations manager is responsible for making sure hotel guests have the best experience possible during their stay in the hotel so that they may in turn decide to book another stay at the hotel.
- The operation manager will make decisions that they think will improve the overall experience for guests, including hotel decor and staffing.
- The operations manager is responsible for dealing with any complaints guests may have about their stay in the hotel.
- The operations manager will speak with guests about issues they may have and work with them toward the best resolution to the problem for both parties.
- The operations manager will work directly with staff, motivating them to do the best job possible and provide great service to hotel guests.
- She/he will also often hold training sessions with staff to help them become acquainted with hotel policies and motivate them to ensure the hotel succeed.
- Facilities maintenance planning, scheduling and control.
- Preparing regular schedules and ensuring strict compliance to the approved performance standards at all times.
Other Key Task
- Responsible for overall planning, design, monitoring and control of operation of the hotel’s service, kitchen and maintenance production systems and their subsystems.
- Overseeing the product(s) design, kitchen and services composition, content and ensuring the overall service(s) offered compliment each other in a positive manner.
- Facilities location(s), overall design, functionality and layout(s). This includes such as restaurant and kitchen facilities, maintenance, support services and storage facilities.
- Facilities maintenance planning, scheduling and control. Preparing regular schedules and ensuring strict compliance to the approved performance standards at all times.
- Planning, maintaining and supervision of a comprehensive quality assurance system. This includes all performance standard, processes and procedures, necessary checks and balances as well as the documentation(s) needed throughout.
- Materials management and inventory control, as evidenced by competent overall logistics planning and execution throughout hotel operations. This includes such things as waste, possible pilferage and other losses contributing towards maximizing yield and profits.
- Advance work planning and scheduling in close co-ordination with the heads of different departments, human resources and management concerned.
- Productivity monitoring and management, as evidenced by active work planning and measurement of each employee’s output and performance in close coordination with the human resources, individual department(s) and management.
- Defining Health and Safety standards and implementing corresponding Health and Safety policy, procedures and regulations in order to ensure that standards are met at all times.
- Managing and promoting employee performance and attending to staff training issues in close coordination with the human resources personnel.
- Motivating and supervising other members of the operations team. Taking direct personal responsibility of the entire team, its performance, output and the welfare of its members.
- Setting and monitoring the compliance to / fulfilment of objectives, performance standards and tasks for all personnel under his / her direct supervision.
- Project management: Taking responsibility and overseeing other possibly upcoming projects / improvements regardless of their scope or scale, on time and to the desired standard, as specified by the Hotel General Manager.
- Security operations planning, preparation, management and control. Unless otherwise instructed by the Hotel Executive Director.
- A university Degree in Hospitality /Social Science.
- Must have 3 – 5 years hospitality/facility Management experience
Salary is between N150, 000 - N200, 000 (depending on experience).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs to: email@example.com using 'facility/hotel manager' as subject of mail. Only experienced and qualified candidates will be shortlisted and invited for an interview.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Stresert Services LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Ongoing Recruitment at InterContinental Hotels
- Customer Care Vacancy at Klub De Lag ( KDL)
- Sales Executive in the Hospitality Industry - Workforce Group
- Job Vacancies in the Hospitality Industry - Fosad Consulting Ltd
- Jobs at Jonsland Castle Hotel & Suites
- Assistant Restaurant Manager at Eat'n'Go Limited
- Job Vacancy in the Hospitality Industry Via AFM Recruit
- Executive Chef at Hilton Worldwide